Winter's Comming!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
Are you stocking up on great fermentables?

Top to bottom:

Cranberry/Raspberry Bochet
Cranberry/Raspberry wine
Peach Mead - 19% ABV! :drunk:
Imperial double chocolate cupcake stout - for Christmas
Dry Dock Apricot Blonde clone - First brew by my gal Jennifer!

:mug:

winteriscoming.jpg

Of course I'm stocking up. After my first year of all grain brewing out in the garage during a cold winter, I've decided I'm a wuss. The last couple of years I've hoarded more beer than a squirrel stashing nuts. Got 20 gallons kegged (besides the seven kegs in the keezer/keggerator) and 15 gallons in different stages of fermentation/conditioning. Brewdays aready scheduled in the future. :mug:

Hell yes! While I don't mind the cold and I can get the garage to a decent temp with boiling wort I am stocking up!

12 cases already and another 6 batches or 15 cases scheduled before the snow starts to fall.

I refuse to brew below 35F!

Yes I am as well. Although the winters in Denver are usually not that bad. However, I upgraded from a 2 tap kegerator to a 6 + tap keezer, so more taps more brewing. Good thing I have about 20 cornies and a ton of supplies. SWMBO and I are big Belgian fans so I am brewing every weekend so I can get this segment of the pipeline established.

Winter's coming! and it will finally be cool enough to brew.

Just put in my hop order, and ordered in some specialty grains. Will start brewing in t-minus 58 days. Will probably do a brew session a month November - February

Yeah, winter's coming for me too - that time of year when the temps from from 90F to 70F, maybe even 60F at night. Tough times, tough times . . .

:cross: Haha, when I first read the title I thought it might be a Game of Thrones reference. I'm a little late to the game but I just watched the first season and am hooked. Back on topic. I am prepping for winter as well. I just made my first bulk grain purchase and I have a freezer with a bunch of home grown hops begging to go swimming in some wort. I had been aiming for one brew a month but I gonna step it up to two possibly more if I have my way.

:cross: Haha, when I first read the title I thought it might be a Game of Thrones reference.

And right back off topic; all the beer in the world won't save us once the White Walkers come....

Seriously, watch season two, pick up the books, read all five, then join the club of horribly distraught individuals craving the next book like a junky craves heroin. I'm on that last stage right now. Stopping cold turkey has been rough going....

Of course I'm stocking up. After my first year of all grain brewing out in the garage during a cold winter, I've decided I'm a wuss. The last couple of years I've hoarded more beer than a squirrel stashing nuts. Got 20 gallons kegged (besides the seven kegs in the keezer/keggerator) and 15 gallons in different stages of fermentation/conditioning. Brewdays aready scheduled in the future. :mug:

I love brewing when it's cold outside, but I'm sick that way:fro:

I need to brew my Christmas ale here pretty soon

Back