Wine too watery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark9476

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can give me some advice , I recently made a Cabernet sauvignon and it tastes really watery can anyone help me to add more body to it or am I just stuck with. A cheap tasting wine

I've heard people talk about adding white grape juice concentrate to wines to add body. But that may affect your flavor too. :/

Wondering if anyone can give me some advice , I recently made a Cabernet sauvignon and it tastes really watery can anyone help me to add more body to it or am I just stuck with. A cheap tasting wine

http://www.bottlenotes.com/winecyclopedia/assessing-quality-faults-and-troubleshooting

Diluted wine - A watery, weak taste in wine. The winemaker allowed the yields from his vineyards to grow unacceptably high; or that it rained just before or during the harvest, so that the grapes were literally diluted with rainwater.
Fix - Drink it as quickly as possible or cook with it.

Back