Wine expert: Symphony and Luna Bianca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay29

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this kits? How did you like them? I am trying to pick my next one.

They sound pretty good:

Luna Bianca

Winexpert's biggest, boldest white wine ever. In the spirit of the great full-bodied Chardonnays of California and Australia, Luna Bianca is lush, golden and rich. Dense, luscious, buttery aromas dance up from the glass. Flavours of tropical fruits blend with the vanilla-oak backing - a technique usually achieved through barrel fermentation with extended lees (yeast sediment) contact. The high alcohol finished wine is smooth and mouth filling. Includes an F-pack with pure Chardonnay juice - another industry first.
Silver Award*
Sweetness: Off-Dry | Body: Full | Oak Intensity: Heavy

Symphony

A white wine with the incredibly intense aromas of melon, grapefruit, mango, peach, banana and papaya. The fruity character picks up a strong backbone from the good acidity, and hint of tannin, carried over from the Grenache Gris grape.
Silver Award*
Sweetness: Dry | Body: Medium | Oak Intensity: None

I havent made the Luna Bianca kit but I did get to drink some at the wine shops tasting party. I liked it. I will say I have liked every silver label Winexpert kit wine I have tasted.They do a good job at making kits. The upside to getting in good at local shop that makes kits in store is the tasting you get to do.

You'll note that the Luna is off-dry (possibly sweeter than you think) with heavy oak, and the Symphony is dry with no oak. I'd make the call based on how you like your wine. I haven't made either, but I've made the Mezza Luna White, which is kind of the little brother to the Luna Bianca and found it sweeter than I like. A good alternative in the same price range is the Selection International French Chardonnay. It's nice and dry with just a modest oak presence. I like it a lot now that it's hit 9 months.

Back