wine cooler arrived!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobody

Reaction score
i have been playing withmy new wine cooler in. i got this one. 52-Bottle Wine Cooler-MVWC52B at The Home Depot

for the first week i played with the temp control. when i put it on 1 it stays around 65 degrees. i put it on six and let it sit for a few hours it get down to almost 30 degrees.

when i left home for work i had a 5 gallon pilsner sitting in it at 40 degrees. is that to cold? anyway if this wine cooler works great for another month i see another in my future. one for lagering/cold crashing and one for fermenting. i'm glad i picked this thing up. i see much better beer in my future now.

I have this one:
58 Bottle Wine Cooler (Stainless) - Vinotemp
I used to keep it full of high-end wine, but I'm down to a few bottles and just can't justify the expense for some of the wines I used to really enjoy. I will be aging a 3gal batch of barley wine soon in 1L flip-top bottles. I have been thinking that I'll age them in this. I keep it set on 55F. The only problem is it has three zones and the thermostat only monitors the middle zone. The upper is a little warmer and the bottom is a little cooler.

For the price of the ones at HD, I may just go and buy a second one and use it for summer fermentation.

The one I bought for my wife has an actual thermostat so I keep it at 50. The top 3 shelves are for red wine, the bottom 3 are for white. I haven't measured the temps at different levels but ours is probably similar to limuli's.

I tried to get one, but it was out of stock by the time I finally did it. So pissed.

edit: they're back!

yep. i checked last night and not only are they back, but they are $50 higher!!! still worth every penny for our home brew!! what i did was i put a thermometer inside leaning against the better bottle that i'm cold crashing right now. i leave it in there so i can see what temp it really is. for being so cheap it sure does a heck of a job.

Back