• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wine Barrels, LA area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure. Let me know if it pans out. Perhaps we can whip up a tasty brew to throw in there. Perhaps some Brett and Lacto could make an appearance.:mug: Just Sayin.

AM

Nice find! I wonder how freshly dumped/cleaned though.
Anyone gonna get one of these? A 60gallon brew may be out of my league... love to contribute though if it were a group thing.

pheboglobi

He/she has a few sizes of barrels.
132 gal, 60, gal, 3/4 bbl, 1/2 bbl, and 1/4 bbl. I might send an email. Anyone interested in splitting the cost of it's legit?

AM

Looks to me like the 3/4 barrel sizes and smaller are cut down barrels but I could be wrong. Appears the smallest barrel that might be reused is the 60 gallon barrel though enough brewers together could make that work...

I took the meaning of the 1/2 and 1/4 barrels as being the planters, since they described the 132gal and 60gal as 'whole barrels'.
$75 for the 60gallon barrel is a good price though! I would just have no space to put it personally in my westside apt. Still, I'd be interested in splitting the cost with any other members if someone could house it.

Hah. It seems that you guys probably are right. I misinterpreted the info. Thanks for the heads up. I definitely can't house a 60gal barrel at my place. However, if someone can house it, I'm in too.
AM

Back