wilserbrewer BIAB Bags, Free Shipping Offer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grand slam kit came in the mail, fits my 15 gallon kettle very nice :)

Dumb question, it's long enough that it touches the bottom of the kettle, do I have to have something lifting it off? Meaning will I melt it, I won't go crazy with flame with the bag in there.

20141226_204406-1.jpg

Nope, you should be fine. I have two bags from wilserbrewer and neither has scorched to the bottom. 20+ batches between the two.

Nope, you should be fine. I have two bags from wilserbrewer and neither has scorched to the bottom. 20+ batches between the two.

Awesome thanks! My wife laughed at me saying the pulley was cute, she agreed though. Nice stuff!

Greg

Dumb question, it's long enough that it touches the bottom of the kettle, do I have to have something lifting it off? Meaning will I melt it, I won't go crazy with flame with the bag in there.

While some prefer to put something in the kettle to protect the bag from heat, I have never bothered. The key I believe is low heat and constant stirring, and also being a little patient as it will take a some time to heat the mash. Once you get a little practice and can hit an accurate strike temp, there should be no need to add heat while the bag is in the pot, mashout optional IMO.

Everyone should have a free ship code that requested one, all recent orders shipped.

I'm thinking we are going to wrap up this free ship deal December 31st, so any latecomers should make themselves heard soon.

Thanks for your support!

Happy holidays to all!

wilser

Would love a free shipping code if not too late.

Thanks so much!

My cousin got a new kettle for christmas and told him I knew where he could get a BIAB bag :) can I get a code for him? Thanks!

Happy New Year home brewers!
Free shipping offer ends December 31, 2014

Thanks everyone! Sale ends December 31st at midnight...Happy New Year hombrewers!

wilser

Mike, my last order arrived today without any issues (complete with the 5x hop socks) - Thanks!

Andy

if the others make it here, I'll send you some extra cash

Giving mine a try today in 15 gallon kettle, Just a 5 gallon batch nut brown :) I should have tried this a year ago. I have a mash tun etc and this is so much less work

Pulley works great

20150103_125029.jpg

20150103_125312.jpg

20150103_135557-1.jpg

Giving mine a try today in 15 gallon kettle, Just a 5 gallon batch nut brown :) I should have tried this a year ago. I have a mash tun etc and this is so much less work

Pulley works great

I'm probably just dense but how do you release the ratchet action of the pulley to get the bag down? Did you have to use a ladder?

Latest posts

Back