Williams Sonoma selling brew kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think hipsters shop at williams sonoma. They drink PBR by choice despite their parents being upper-middle class urbanites.

I was talking about the Brooklyn Brew Shop. Take a look at their how to videos with ironic 8 bit style techno music.

I submit to you, the Williams-Sonoma $259 2-slot toaster.

img34m.jpg

4-slots is $339

That is one bad a$$ toaster, just about to order the 4 slot but I am not sure my bread is worthy for such a toaster.

olllllo said:
The point is, this is no one that shops at Williams Sonoma.

Those people would pay $40 not to even know a place like a local homebrew store exists let alone set foot in one or talk to a D&D loving long haired hippie clerk.

Ha! Woah, you just got a critical hit on your efficiency!

I think you have a really good point. These kits are a nice tailing point at a dinner party and as a one-off play at home brewing, they're affordable for the Williams sonoma crowd.

At best they're a gateway kit towards full-blown hombrewing addiction.

Althought the price is a bit steep for one Gallon, I think it is a great gift to get somebody into homebrewing. Also it's not a easy way to get an experimental kit so you can play and tinker with recipes that you aren't sure you want a full 5 gallons of. Of course if you have all the equipment already you would just need the 1 gallon jug.

For what its worth, I started brewing because of one of these kits - received as a gift. I really liked their IPA recipe. Now I'm in the process of building a "real" all grain system. So yes, definitely give this as a gift. It really took the mystery and fear out of brewing all grain on my own.

Yes it's fine for .1oz.

It seems to be limited to around +/- .02oz, although I have noticed if I switch it to grams it seems to be a bit more responsive to changes than on the ounce scale.

Thanks. Ordered one from Amazon. Is there anything that they don't sell on Amazon? :D

Althought the price is a bit steep for one Gallon, I think it is a great gift to get somebody into homebrewing. Also it's not a easy way to get an experimental kit so you can play and tinker with recipes that you aren't sure you want a full 5 gallons of. Of course if you have all the equipment already you would just need the 1 gallon jug.

Yup, I've been doing 5 gallon extract brews so I have all the equipment cept the digital scale which I ordered today.

I have a 2 gallon bucket and two 1 gallon jugs (plastic) from juice. I'm gonna do some experimenting when the scale arrives. Should be fun to try small batches to see what I like. Then if it comes out ok move on to a 5 gallon batch.

bumping this thread since i found it while searching, I was thinking about try one of these kits out, specifically the one on williams sonoma. not be for people say dont, let me throw this in. I have a $35 gift card, so with that being said, would this be a great way to get started?

skatermxracer said:
bumping this thread since i found it while searching, I was thinking about try one of these kits out, specifically the one on williams sonoma. not be for people say dont, let me throw this in. I have a $35 gift card, so with that being said, would this be a great way to get started?

If it will get you interested in what is an amazing hobby, id say go for it. Leave a little time in your schedule though, to learn english :D jk. Happy brewing.

skatermxracer said:

If it will get you interested in what is an amazing hobby, id say go for it. Leave a little time in your schedule though, to learn english :D jk. Happy brewing.

Back