Will this vacuum pump work as a degasser?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 20$ and a few guages its worth the experiment, wear goggles, I would put a catch bottle between your wine and the pump and maybe an inline disk filter right before the pump to keep water vapor from getting inside it?? If you get this to work you might be able to finance your brewing hobby:) My one big concern is that it seems to go from 0 to 60 in a few minutes, when you degass you got to go slow, so besides a guage some kind of control valve to start slow and then build up. Also with this kind of pump I think they only have to use it for a little while at a time while if you are doing a wine it might take a little longer since you will need to start gentle at the beginning?? Good Luck. WVMJ

I have a device called a Wine Gas Getter, it is exactly what this pump does.

Running a compressor in my house for 25 or 30 minutes got very annoying, but it does work. Takes lots of hose and lots of "adapting".

I ended up with the All in One Wine Pump. Much easier, much quieter and the customer service is the best ever.

Latest posts

Back