Will these work as fermenters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wired247

Reaction score
In the middle of a hop field in Yakima WA. Serious
I can get as many of these as I can carry home from work. They are 15 gallon used once HDPE phosphoric acid drums. The fit with room to spare in my fermenter freezer standing up. I was thinking of using them as a horizontal in the winter months out in the garage for lagering. I'd put a 2" sanitary fitting on the side and 3/4" on the vent side and they are threaded for pipe fittings on the side.

baytec_2170_26417064

Quite a few folk on here have used them. As long as they didn't hold anything nasty in them.

And as to "being difficult to clean" oxyclean soaks can get into just about any crevice.

just purchased one myself from my LHBS.. they get LME delivered in them for what they make kits out of.. only $10, and i also picked up the right size stopper to easily outfit it with an airlock.. figured it'll be great for when i find a recipe i like enough to do a 10 gallon batch

Back