Will making a keezer void the warranty?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 30639

Reaction score
I am in the process of building a keezer. I have had two Craig's List fridges turned kegerators die on me. One I believe the heat of a Texas summer in the garage killed it. The other one, I'm not sure. Maybe it tried my beer and lost the will to live :confused:

Anyway, I have found the chest freezer I want. It appears that it can handle the extremes of north Texas weather in the garage. Because I'm a little nervous about the last two fridges, I was even thinking about purchasing the extended warranty, not something I usually do.

I'm planning on putting a collar on the keezer instead of drilling into it. Anything in this plan that might void the warranty? I don't think so since I'm not drilling it.

I would imagine as long as you could put the lid back on in the original hinge screw holes, nobody would ever know....

Are you setting the temp differential very tight at like a degree or two? Having your keezer turn on and off repeatedly for short run times is not good for the unit.

If yes, set a wider temp differential, even at 3-4 degrees your kegs will stay constant due to the mass.

Are you setting the temp differential very tight at like a degree or two? Having your keezer turn on and off repeatedly for short run times is not good for the unit.

If yes, set a wider temp differential, even at 3-4 degrees your kegs will stay constant due to the mass.

Or if your controller has a setting for compressor delay, you can still set a temp differential of only a few degrees, but set the compressor timer to only kick on at most every xxxx minutes. Accomplishes the same end goal.

Back