Will it hurt to drink Apfelwein early ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twintrades

Reaction score
I have a batch i started on feb 28th

Would it taste good enuf to drink by this 17th ???

That would make it only 2 1/2weeks Old. Only reason i would want to is because we have a get together soon and everyone want to try something i made......

But my inexperienced mind is telling me no. Should i listen to my cricket ?

Well i did it. Its at 1.008 And still fermenting. I added a slight amount of sugar and she foamed like a volcano. ( in the test cup only) Good but not great. Might let it go somemore and carb with it. It was kinda nice with a light fizz to it.

Yea im not sharing it till the month is up. I dont want someone to taste it and think "man im not drinking his crud anymore"

Guess like everything ill just wait.

Haha one batch went dry rightaway. So I thought hey I'll just back sweeten and well see how it is. Well it was fantastic. Like a apple beer. It had a apple taste wine kick and beer feel. Ill try to duplicate that again for sure

Twintrades, how did you backsweeten and what did you use? I just made my first batch tonight following Edworts original recipe exactly. I'm not a huge fan of dry wine, so back sweetening may interest me depending on how it turns out.

I brewed a batch 9 days ago (1 gal) that's already clearing nicely. I was expecting it to be cloudy for a few weeks at least. I haven't checked gravity and planning to wait about a month before doing anything else with it, but your title caught my attention for sure :)

Back