Will I screw up my carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreekBrewery

Reaction score
I did a search on HBT and did find anything on this so hopefully someone more experienced can reassure me. I have a kegerator that I thought would fix a couple of corny kegs. A few weeks ago I bought my second corny keg filled it last night with my new cream ale. When I went to put it in my kegerator both kegs wouldn't fit, very close but a no go!

The only way I could get both in there was to tilt one at an angle, it's at about a 50-60 deg. angle. The one that's tilted has been carbing for a week already. Am I going to cause any problems leaving this keg tilted for a few weeks?

Thanks! It's so darn close I didn't think for a minute it wouldn't fit. It looks like I'm going to have to mod it and build an enclosure off the back to move the compressor to. Then I've have room for probably three kegs... I'll measure first to make sure though :eek:

Thanks! It's so darn close I didn't think for a minute it wouldn't fit. It looks like I'm going to have to mod it and build an enclosure off the back to move the compressor to. Then I've have room for probably three kegs... I'll measure first to make sure though :eek:

Any way to build a collar and put a keg on the compressor hump?

Don't follow what you mean by a collar, I'm kind of a noob :)
My compressor sits in a box at the top and back of the kegerator. I figure if I can take this 'box' and move it outside of the kegerator, let it hang off the back, I'll free up enough space for two kegs. The compressor box is just low enough that a keg can't slide in underneath. If I trimmed off the keg rubber handles it would fit but I don't want to do that.

Don't follow what you mean by a collar, I'm kind of a noob :)
My compressor sits in a box at the top and back of the kegerator. I figure if I can take this 'box' and move it outside of the kegerator, let it hang off the back, I'll free up enough space for two kegs. The compressor box is just low enough that a keg can't slide in underneath. If I trimmed off the keg rubber handles it would fit but I don't want to do that.

OMG, you are a n00b! Don't fret, help is at hand! Here's 189 page of homework. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/ It's basically a wood frame that is glued/siliconed to the top of your freezer, then the lid is attached, allowing kegs to fit inside. Don't be afraid, it isn't as hard as it looks.

Here's a pic of mine, you can use nearly any sized dimensional lumber depending on the height requirement. Mine's a 2x4.
DSCN1874.jpg

This is Marissa Miller, she likes homebrew.
2008VictoriaSecretFashionShowRunway.jpg

If this doesn't motivate you, I have failed.

tongue dragging on floor... gigidy gigidy goo
Now I understand what you mean by collar. My keggerator is a store bought type so no DIY stuff needed right off the bat. It was an awesome CL find at $40; came with a 5LB tank but the compressor was shot. Luckily my brother-in-law was an appliance repair guy and he loves my homebrew. He put in a new compressor charged it and now she gets nice and cool. I made him a Dead Guy Ale-ish beer and he thought he got the better deal.

Thanks for the thread link. I'll study up, the picture and the thread, add see how DIY crazy I can get. The ideas are stirring already.

Latest posts

Back