Will I get a Red IPA with these two extracts:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avillax

Reaction score
I got an amazing IPA using this LME, now I want to create a RED IPA can I simply mix 50/50 of these two?

Malthouse Bruntál Malt extract kanditní - is a thick, viscous liquid golden brown, honey consistency, malt aromas, sweet maltiness of the dry matter of around 81%. It is an infusion made from the wort Bohemian Pilsner malt-type and drinking water. After lautering wort is concentrated on vacuum evaporators at a low temperature. One package you produce using hops and yeast, up to 10 liters of pale lager. 1.7 kg

Malt extract dark Malt extract dark Malthouse Bruntál - dark beer, is designed to produce dark beers at a microbrewery. It is a thick viscous liquid, brown, caramel malt flavor and aroma of dry matter of 81%. The wort extract infusion is prepared from a mixture of malts (Czech, Munich, caramel and Colouring) and drinking water. After lautering wort is concentrated. One package are prepared with the use of hops and yeast, and 10 liters of dark lager. Mixing the extract with light can also produce semi-dark beer.

It's possible you'd get a copper-amber/orange color. Never saw a description like that. From another country I assume?

Back