Will a homebrew bumper sticker help to get me pulled over?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummasan

Reaction score
I have a sticker that says - I brew the beer I drink. I'm thinking about putting on my car. Do you think this will help get me pulled over? Or do you think it doesn't really matter? I don't want to draw the wrong kind of attention to myself.

Do you have a homebrewing bumper sticker on your car?

I have a sticker that says - I brew the beer I drink. I'm thinking about putting on my car. Do you think this will help get me pulled over? Or do you think it doesn't really matter? I don't want to draw the wrong kind of attention to myself.

Do you have a homebrewing bumper sticker on your car?

my full open 454 exhaust draws way more attention than my homebrew sticker ever will lol.

you could always put a cruisn' not usin' sticker below it :D

We were at a bar in Wisconsin and the license plate said something like "HOMEBRWR". I loved that. I don't put bumperstickers on my cars, but I wouldn't hesitate to use one that I liked. I don't think it'd draw unwarranted attention.

You can't be pulled over for a bumper sticker. That being said, the police have a huge list of other reasons they can choose from to pull you over if they want. If you ever drink a few and drive or do anything else that could get you in trouble if pulled over. Than I would suggest not putting it on.

Meh. I have them on my truck back window. I live in the bible belt. never been pulled over for the sticker. Only been pulled over once since having the truck and it wasn;t for the sticker I can tell you that.

On a normal day I don't think it would cause any problems, it says you homebrew. Now if you plan on driving home from many bars at 2 am and a cop sees that he may think "Ahh we got ourselves an alcoholic here..." or "He's a homebrewer who claims to drink his own beer, dosen't match the stereotype of some drunk driving back from the bar."

So in short, if you are not planning on doing anything stupid then I wouldn't worry about it.

A car is the last place you want to put anything related to drinking alcohol. If your instincts are telling you it's a bad idea it's probably a bad idea.

<rant>Personally I think a car is the wrong place to put any potentially controversial words/pictures/etc. While we would like to think cops only operate within the boundaries of law it's foolish to think their personal opinions won't change the way they handle a traffic stop. If they see your political sticker and don't agree with it or take offense to its content then nothing good can come of the situation. Leave that crap off your car and choose another medium to let people know you like to club baby seals on the weekend or climb trees in protest.</rant>

So far, no problem. I've only been stopped twice in my life. Once for "failing to signal a lane change" and once when I was driving my little white wagon with the stars and strips on the hood and red pinstripes and a "Go Navy" bumper sticker. Guy's son was in the Navy.

IMG_5075.JPG

if you like bumper stickers i think it would be fine. profiling is against the law, and if you are generally a law abiding citizen they can't ticket you for a sticker only for what you are doing against the law.

i think putting it on your equipment would be cool.

Well let me say it this way:

You won't be pulled over for it...but you won't be getting away with anything either.

It is common practice around here to tail/target younger drivers with hats on...yes hats.
Apparently kids with hats are profiled to be up to no good more.

I sh*t you not...it was actually in a handout at the station a few years back.

They will target anything that might make them suspicious you may do no good at some time.

That being said...the officers I know wouldn't pull you over. Or if they did they'd ask for a "roadie" as it really is boring in my area of the "Pine Barrens"

Don't drink and drive, obey most of the traffic laws, and put whatever kind of bumpersticker you want on your vehicle.

JayinJersey - I'm glad I left NJ when I did. As to the 'roadie' I'm not sure what that is and I think I want to avoid it at all costs!

Meh. I have them on my truck back window. I live in the bible belt. never been pulled over for the sticker. Only been pulled over once since having the truck and it wasn;t for the sticker I can tell you that.

Yes. profiling is as illeagal as drunk driving so you can rest assured it will never happen.

Sore subject, Gila?

I've resisted putting may stickers on my cars. At this point I only have ones for the schools I've attended.

Then again my cars probably wont last much longer....

you know your cops better than we do.

where i live now, I wouldn't think twice about it.

where i grew up, they'll pull you over on a whim that you might have once, as a young fella, farted in church.

I wouldn't do it just because I like the look of my car. But up here, I don't think it would be an issue at all. Heck, we have a baseball team called the brewers.

I wouldn't put any alcohol related bumper sticker on my car. With that said, if you're never doing anything wrong when they pull you over, then it's only a minor convenience. I don't ever drive drunk (although I'm lucky nothing terrible happened in my early 20s) but it's not worth the hassle for me.

I wouldn't do it personally. With todays anti-DUI climate, there is no reason to give them any ammunition towards their prosecution of you. A solid DUI defense costs close to 10K (at least mine did and I won). Even if you plead guilty, you are looking at at least 1500 in fines, hassles beyond belief (court appointed therapy, possible ignition interlocks, and major hassles from your employer, etc.) mandatory insurance surcharges etc., not to mention it's the new version of a scarlet letter. It's just not worth it.

NorCalAngler said:
While we would like to think cops only operate within the boundaries of law it's foolish to think their personal opinions won't change the way they handle a traffic stop. If they see your political sticker and don't agree with it or take offense to its content then nothing good can come of the situation.

+1
Perfectly stated

Mine has been on my car for 2 years and I have never had an issue. It is not offensive, or demeaning. It is better than those my kid is an honor student at blah blah school

my full open 454 exhaust draws way more attention than my homebrew sticker ever will lol.

you could always put a cruisn' not usin' sticker below it :D

I'm with this guy...my car sets off nearby car alarms when I start it. A bumper sticker wouldn't be causing any interest that I don't already attract.

That said, I don't like putting stickers on my car, hell I don't even like putting parking stickers on my car windows...I agree with a few others here, if you had to ask then you already know the answer lol.

Sore subject, Gila?

I've resisted putting may stickers on my cars. At this point I only have ones for the schools I've attended.

Then again my cars probably wont last much longer....

Nah. I am White and drive a pickup. Cops don't even notice me lest I am speeding.

if you like bumper stickers i think it would be fine. profiling is against the law, and if you are generally a law abiding citizen they can't ticket you for a sticker only for what you are doing against the law.
So is running stop signs, red lights, speeding, and making illegal turns, and cops do all those things on a daily basis.

As to the hat thing, the first thing my dad told me after I got my license was "don't wear a baseball cap in the car, the cops look for them". Probably just coincidence, but I've been pulled over twice in my life, both times wearing a baseball cap.

I have a sticker that says "I'd rather be homebrewing", but I also have my EMT sticker.

so if the EMT sticker gets me not pulled over and the other gets me pulled over, I guess I just nullified them both.

Pulled-over-potential or not, don't put it on your car. Bumper stickers are eyesores, and ruin any resale value in your car. So unless you drive a rusty clunker and don't care, don't put it on.

Pulled-over-potential or not, don't put it on your car. Bumper stickers are eyesores, and ruin any resale value in your car. So unless you drive a rusty clunker and don't care, don't put it on.

I am very selective of a sticker I may put on my car and I put them on my window that way a razor and some goof-off can easily make it so it was never there.

Back