Wildwest's brew lean-to (my almost dream build)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The place looks great, well it did before the party.:mug:
Congratulations looks like a cool place to hang out and brew.

Your really gonna appreciate the brew pub if this winter is like last winter. I finally built a shed to brew in this summer and so far its been great. I no longer have to step over a bunch of SWMBO's Christmas stuff every time I want to brew.

I'm in Sparta pretty often. We should swap some brews. Next time I'm headin your way I'll p.m. you.

Your really gonna appreciate the brew pub if this winter is like last winter. I finally built a shed to brew in this summer and so far its been great. I no longer have to step over a bunch of SWMBO's Christmas stuff every time I want to brew.

I'm in Sparta pretty often. We should swap some brews. Next time I'm headin your way I'll p.m. you.

Sounds good. I'm slowly getting my pipeline built back up.

Been following this build and all i gotta say is awesome man! I can only dream of having my own some day. Congrats man you got a great pub there!

:off: Do you ever go to the UC Masher meetings?

I'm trying, i've brewed with Tim a couple of times. Every time they have one something comes up, I was on the couch sick this weekend, eventually it will happen.

A big house party isn't complete unless the cops arrive.

I guess, according to this, I've never had a complete house party. The last party we had, we exceeded 50 people, had 3 bands playing in my garage, and didn't turn out the lights until 530am. I've got great neighbors.

Now back to the awesome build...

MORE PICTURES!!!!

MORE PICTURES!!!!

Alrighty then, my kegerator is functioning! Only one beer on tap at the moment, but it's better than having to run upstairs for one. A nice schwarzbier for breakfast, mmmmmm. Now that's why all this trouble is worth it.:mug:

DSCN3124.jpg

Oooh... nice.

You've got the spot for the second tap there, though, so it's in the works.

Ya, I have the faucet, just not going to connect until I have a beer to keg, so I can clean the line first. I'm that lazy.

MOAR! The epoxy is going on the bar top today. The guy who built my bar is doing it, he has one top under his belt, which is one more than I have. I will say, it looks fantastic, we will do one more coat in 4 hours.

Good use of a trashed better bottle
DSCN3131.jpg

Squeegeeing the epoxy around
DSCN3133.jpg

Heating bubbles out.
DSCN3138.jpg

A mirror finish
DSCN3137.jpg

As good as the pics look, the real thing looks even better, i'm happy I went ahead with this step.

Hadn't seen this thread before. Beautiful brew space and bar. Nice work!

Yes, but did you expect me to just lay there and take it?

Too ripe for a comment about someone's mother. I do not know anyone's mother on this board, however, and I'm sure that they are all very nice and virtuous women, deserving of great respect, one and all. ;)

Well, it took a couple days, but I just read through this whole thread.. whew!

Very nice set up man.. Love all that stainless.. Very clean brew rig..

And that floor was well worth the effort...

So you have three freezers total? How do you use them?..

If I ever get around to building my brew shack, I was planning on building three also.. one for fermenting ales, one for fermenting lagers, and one for conditioning and storing both..

I'm trying hard to avoid the temptation of become obsessed with yet another hobby... but threads like this are wearing down my resistance... Maybe I can find a way to make 'hillbillied' look cool...
:mug:

So you have three freezers total? How do you use them?..

If I ever get around to building my brew shack, I was planning on building three also.. one for fermenting ales, one for fermenting lagers, and one for conditioning and storing both..

Actually 5 freezers, but one is a kegerator. I have the 2 black ones in the shed for ales and lagers. 2 in the adjoining garage, 1 just for lagering, or fermenting whatever there's not room for, or just carbing a beer for later use(lagering temps are perfect for carbing). The other one is an old huge freezer that is set to 50f, that's where I store my grain and "cellar" beers that need aging.

By all means become obsessed with this hobby, it's the only way to be.:mug:

I screwed up hope I didn't do something stupid removing a reply?
Operating in the dark here minimum power backup generator, winter storm hit.

"No fruit beer & ****" busted me up, now you'll be attacked by
the closet group.

Actually 5 freezers, but one is a kegerator. I have the 2 black ones in the shed for ales and lagers. 2 in the adjoining garage, 1 just for lagering, or fermenting whatever there's not room for, or just carbing a beer for later use(lagering temps are perfect for carbing). The other one is an old huge freezer that is set to 50f, that's where I store my grain and "cellar" beers that need aging.

By all means become obsessed with this hobby, it's the only way to be.:mug:

I already have the 'pub' portion.. It's a 560'sq rec room, with 10' ceiling, wet bar, pool table, and nine 5' x 5' windows... That's where miss keggy resides.. (my kegerator).. I want to build a custom 3 tap tower for her, and get her a sister with a three tap tower on that..

I still have to build a bar, but I'm waiting until I finish building my 5' x 12' CNC router table... As I have a 3D sculpture in mind for the bar, that would drive me batty and never get finished if I tried to do all by hand..

Soon as I get this beer thing to a point where I can just settle into a routine and make beer for a while, I'm jumping back on that project.. My financial world fell to pieces over the last three years, and I'm looking to that as a new direction for income and a way out of the whole building trades thing...

After that, I'm gonna jump right into building it a sister.. a 4' x 10' CNC plasma table...

I have some product ideas, and want to get into small scale (short run) manufacturing from home.. Between this hobby, my also getting into jeeps, and playing/recording music, I have some markets to get ideas and clients from... I want to get back into bracket racing again someday too.. so there's another market..... And then there's all the cool stuff that can be made for around the home (ie fire rings, artwork, railings, doors, etc.), and hopefully an occasional manufacturer of golf carts or whatever that needs a short run of 750 axle brackets made...

Hating being financially ruined right now, but excited about going a new direction.. A direction I've always wanted.. Small scale manufacturing from home...

So after at least the first table is up and running, then I can maybe think about a brew shack.. We're allowed to build up to a 120' sq building without permits here, so that will be the size it is when I do.. Otherwise, I gotta pay the building dept, the school district, and annual property taxes on it.. Forget that!

The beer is a great hobby for forgetting about the money thing though.. :mug:

We're allowed to build up to a 120' sq building without permits here, so that will be the size it is when I do.. Otherwise, I gotta pay the building dept, the school district, and annual property taxes on it.. Forget that!

Just build 4 of them REALLY close together ;)

Arron,
that's a great idea add awnings between buildings for a breezeway
center section as a bier garden patio, simple and legal.

That sounds awesome, brew in one, outdoor bier garden in the middle, fermentation and storage in the other one.

Hey Cape,
steal me a sign I have a collection of Norton's.
The wifey brought home pumpkin bier, yuck.
Best part she couldn't drink it.
What about a punch flavor bier for the "Rainbow Crowd"
in the Castro of San Francisco?

About how thick did that layer of epoxy turn out? It looks a bit thinner than I would have imagined.

Btw, this build is fueling my dream room right now. I might have to convert my office ;)

Back