Wildwest's brew lean-to (my almost dream build)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the bar is almost open! I still have one more coat of paint on the trim, and then pour the epoxy top. Trim painting seems to be a never ending project. I'm a little disappointed with the bar face. It looks better than the pics show but.....

It's a special order Formica that looks like brushed stainless, and it looks very good up close. But the brushing is so light, it kinda disappears as you get a few feet away. So it kinda looks like a grey blob from distance. Oh well, i'll cover it with diamond plate if necessary(original plan, always go with your gut feeling)

It's 7ft long and should hold 4 comfortably.

DSCN2977.jpg

DSCN2981.jpg

Room for cornies and fermenter's underneath.

DSCN2983.jpg

Good lord. I am so very, very jealous. What an awesome project and you did such a damn good job. I'm planning on moving sometime early spring. Can you come over and help me with my build? I'll provide beer! :)

Good lord. I am so very, very jealous. What an awesome project and you did suck a damn good job. I'm planning on moving sometime early spring. Can you come over and help me with my build? I'll provide beer! :)

If you have a year to waste, why not.:mug:

This is amazing... Just out of curiosity, how much (ball-park) would you say you dropped on this?

I'm thinking around 10 grand. But that includes all the stainless and new brewing setup. That was probably a third of the total.

I have all receipts, when i'm finished I can give a better figure if you need it. I've scraped almost every penny out of pocket, that's why it's taken a year to build. I only owe $1000, that's to Lowe's, and it's interest free.

The tv is up! It's just a 40", it's only 6 ft from the bar to the back wall, so I went with a smaller lcd. Of course it's not connected to anything, as i'm switching from cable to direct tv next week.:(

DSCN3010.jpg

Man that is just awesome. I can't imagine how proud you are with your work.

Is that really a urinal?

Ya the urinal is a nice effect! Haha. Awesome brew space! I definitely want to have whole brew room someday and go all electric! Congrats! I bet you are getting anxious to put everything into action!

Ya the urinal is a nice effect! Haha. Awesome brew space! I definitely want to have whole brew room someday and go all electric! Congrats! I bet you are getting anxious to put everything into action!

I actually just got done with my first brew in the new space. Screw the tv and bar, that room is all about making beer.:mug:

I'm thinking around 10 grand.

Dropping money like that must be how you got those sluts to kiss in your profile pic. Or they could just be sluts.....

I'm in the "why is there no window?" camp.

Wow, looking sweet! would that be a functioning urinal? If so I think I need to give you a manly man hug, the magic is always in the details.. and you got the details!

Great brewery man! I can't believe I haven't run into this thread before now..

What are you officially going to call it? Your brewery? I'm having a hard time settling on a name for mine, but we are referring to it more and more as 'The Pub'..

I actually just got done with my first brew in the new space. Screw the tv and bar, that room is all about making beer.:mug:

You got that right! But it sure is cool! I think just having a relaxing area to brew in would be awesome! Hope you had a fun 1st brewday on the new rig!

Looks absolutely amazing!

Curious --- have you been keeping tabs on the operating budget of this build to date? Interested to know how much this epic has set you back.

Wow, looking sweet! would that be a functioning urinal? If so I think I need to give you a manly man hug, the magic is always in the details.. and you got the details!

Hell yes it's functional. I need to order a divider for those who are "pee shy" to hide behind.

Great brewery man! I can't believe I haven't run into this thread before now..

What are you officially going to call it? Your brewery? I'm having a hard time settling on a name for mine, but we are referring to it more and more as 'The Pub'..

Thanks, that's a compliment coming from someone who has an awesome brew space. I'm struggling with a name. My last name is West, so i've been calling it Westend brew works. But I can't settle on anything. I'm wishy washy.

THE Adam West? thats sweet! you could shine the batsignal into the clouds to call in your drinking friends!! BTW whatever happened to that Robin guy? do you two brew together? I bet he is the "pee shy" person you referred to. :D

THE Adam West? thats sweet! you could shine the batsignal into the clouds to call in your drinking friends!! BTW whatever happened to that Robin guy? do you two brew together? I bet he is the "pee shy" person you referred to. :D

He's new School Adam West. He's the freakin' mayor of Quahog!! :mug:

How about: Go West Brewery, West Side Beer, West End, Wild Wild West, West is Best, How the WEST Was Won? Just some silly ideas.

I built:rolleyes: and installed the supply cabinets. Just enough room in both for all my brewing stuff, and a little extra. Sorry for the dark pic, it's the only one that accurately captured the correct color.

goodpic.jpg

DSCN3028.jpg

paint a fly in the urinal and give them something to aim for!! I believe it was amsterdam airport that started it and reduced missing by over 90%!!!!! nice job and good luck.
sam

just spent the last hour on this thread.. sorry it ended here. Subscribed.

How many sleepless nights imagining the end result?... I know I will probably lose sleep tonight.

just spent the last hour on this thread.. sorry it ended here. Subscribed.

How many sleepless nights imagining the end result?... I know I will probably lose sleep tonight.

More than one. It's been almost a year and i'm glad it's almost done.:mug:

Been watching since the beginning. Excellent job. It cost what it cost, and whatever it is, it's worth it. I brew in my shop and have pretty much everything I need handy, but would really like a dedicated space. Actually though, I can't believe Arturo didn't ask about a 3 point line, or at least windows! Great job - Dwain

Congrats on the killer build. Very impressive. Can we get a picture of the entire room now that its all set up?

Back