Wildwest's brew lean-to (my almost dream build)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
say 10 Gallons starting with water from your cold tap? How long to hit 155. Bored today? :D

Yup, testing some stuff out any way, i'll get back to you. Honestly it's fun just to finally be doing something in that room besides painting or trim.:)

22 minutes from 70.9F to 156, that's with a trusted brewing digital thermometer. In other words, faster than the time it takes to crush grains and get setup.:D

Oh that's awesome!4500 would probably be another 5-10 minutes maybe? I'm only going to have a 50A circuit and want to be able to run both HLT and BK at the same time for double brew days.

Oh that's awesome!4500 would probably be another 5-10 minutes maybe? I'm only going to have a 50A circuit and want to be able to run both HLT and BK at the same time for double brew days.

Sounds reasonable to me. Although 50 amps is enough to run two 5500 watt elements if necessary, I believe they pull 23 amps apiece.

I got my brewing table and sink yesterday, I need to go get a faucet and some plumbing supplies. More work. Sorry for the dark pic, i'll get better ones after it's properly setup.

DSCN2952.jpg

Sounds reasonable to me. Although 50 amps is enough to run two 5500 watt elements if necessary, I believe they pull 23 amps apiece.
5500/220=25. 2 of those puts you at 50A. 10A over the recommended draw of a 50A breaker.
If you have 240 rather than 220 then yes. 22.9A a piece. Still not withing the recommended range of the breaker.

I got my brewing table and sink yesterday, I need to go get a faucet and some plumbing supplies. More work. Sorry for the dark pic, i'll get better ones after it's properly setup.

DSCN2952.jpg
and...OH MY GOD. That is gorgeous. People that don't understand the fuss about stainless, need to see this picture. :mug:

So are you piping any tunes into that window-less room? Something with a massive sub so you can crank the thump-de-thump whilst brewing?

With some colored slights, a strobe and fog machine you could have a disco when your not brewing.

WOW, I have Sink Envy. I would love to have one of those. New? Used? Looks new

New, the table and sink came from ssproduct on ebay, good guys to work with. He cut me a 5% break for just going through paypal and combined the shipping, saving me $95. For stainless, their prices are hard to beat. The table is awesome and very sturdy, I cut 3 inches off the legs so the height is better for brewing.

So are you piping any tunes into that window-less room? Something with a massive sub so you can crank the thump-de-thump whilst brewing?

With some colored slights, a strobe and fog machine you could have a disco when your not brewing.

You really do have a window fetish, don't you? Yes, there will be tunes, you can't make beer without music.:mug:

...And full automation, and a bottling line, and putting an addition on to the brew house for barrel aging, and build a bed and breakfast so us fellow HBT'ers can stay a few days after the tour. :ban:

Started on the bar today. Actually a friend is doing it for me, he has a nice shop and is a better finish carpenter.

DSCN2954.jpg

DSCN2956.jpg

New, the table and sink came from ssproduct on ebay, good guys to work with. He cut me a 5% break for just going through paypal and combined the shipping, saving me $95. For stainless, their prices are hard to beat. The table is awesome and very sturdy, I cut 3 inches off the legs so the height is better for brewing.

I couldn't find them on Ebay. Can you include the link? Thx & awesome setup!

For the love of all that is holy that is a freaking gorgeous setup... so shiny! Just from looking at the frame-up that bar is going to look good in there. The two sides are going to be fermenting/chilling space right?

Keep up the good work. I hope to get something like this going very soon.....

When the building arrives, I have most of the materials to get it under way!

For the love of all that is holy that is a freaking gorgeous setup... so shiny! Just from looking at the frame-up that bar is going to look good in there. The two sides are going to be fermenting/chilling space right?

Actually, no. It's a small counter top space for making drinks and whatever. He dropped the back shelf down lower to accommodate liquor bottles and glasses.

I will store empty cornies and fermenters under the front part. I have several chest freezers for fermenting and cold storage.

I will bring two taps through the garage wall by the bar, to supply beer to the brew space.

Sink faucet and water filter are done! I still need to punch a hole somewhere in the sink for the boiler valve, but i'm scared.:D I only want to put one hole in there so I need to make sure it's in a good spot. I was thinking far right in the back splash near the top, then I can attach some rv hose to fill the hlt. I dread punching a hole in my shiny sink.

DSCN2966.jpg

Love the spray faucet! Man, wish I had done that in mine.

The idea actually came from here, someone told me it wasn't worth it to have a big sink without a pre-rinse faucet. I guess it will be nice for cleaning out cornies, and showering, if the old lady kicks me out of the house.

Where'd you get those sheets of diamond plate and approx. how much per sheet? Are they 4'x8' sheets?

I love the restaurant equipment. Costs a bit but its gonna make your life a ton easier. Not to mention it will be useful for so much other stuff too.

Where'd you get those sheets of diamond plate and approx. how much per sheet? Are they 4'x8' sheets?

Sorry, I got a killer deal on that. They are 4x8 sheets cut down. My buddies father-in law works in a metal shop that also supplies and installs all stainless kitchen equipment for Kroger's. So they have access to any metal for cheap.

I got all 3 pieces for $150. Sometimes it's who you know and not what you know.

The idea actually came from here, someone told me it wasn't worth it to have a big sink without a pre-rinse faucet. I guess it will be nice for cleaning out cornies, and showering, if the old lady kicks me out of the house.

To be precise:

it's totally not worth it without the sprayer! It would be like only looking at one of the 2 ladies in your avatar. It's nice, but together it has a more powerful effect! :)

:mug:

Latest posts

Back