Wii

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuljin

I come from the water
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We've got the first Wii. The games we have are

Obscure, The Aftermath. It's an adventure/puzzle game. It's almost good. The trouble with it is that it puts you in too many situations where you have to do exactly what it wants you to, namely the mob fights. Use one bullet too many and you're screwed. And not enough save points.

Castlevania Judgment. We only play the head to head fighting mode. It's great. Good graphics and good response to movement.

Wii Sports. Meh. Gets old quick. Bowling is the best game in it.

Wii Play. We don't play it much.

We're looking for something new. An adventure shooter fighter action kind of game with a story to it and is simultaneous two. player. Co-op preferred but vs okay.

Or what yall playing?

I play with my wii all the time. Usually in the bathroom, but I won't hesitate to wield it in the family room or even the kitchen. I mostly play single player shooter games. Sometimes though, I let my wife play with it.

I play with my wii all the time. Usually in the bathroom, but I won't hesitate to wield it in the family room or even the kitchen. I mostly play single player shooter games. Sometimes though, I let my wife play with it.

Thanks, but we're looking for a game that's a little longer and harder than what you have to offer. I mean, we could play little quicky flash games anytime.

If you pay with kids under 12 try the tin tin game based on the movie. Very good and kids like it too, heck i liked it, it was fun,

Any of the just dance ones are extremely addictive, my kids love them. Also rapala fishing is not bad

super smash brothers is pretty awesome for the wii. there's a 2 player co-op story mode that is similar to contra's playing style.

Epic Mickey was very fun and addicting and also proved that a 10yr old has better skills than her dad with the whole nunchuck 2 handed controls moving around with one controller and pointing and shooting doing battle using paint and thinner with the other.. it is going cross platform for the second game but I will still get it for the Wii.. Zelda is the most epic game still!!

I really wanna play some of the games we have, but have a tough time accepting the controllers. The kid and wife play the Mario games quite often. I think Rayman was awesome, but I played the PS3 version.

Zuljin said:
Thanks, but we're looking for a game that's a little longer and harder than what you have to offer. I mean, we could play little quicky flash games anytime.

HA!!! Laughed right out loud on that one!

Homercidal said:
There is a game, I think it was called Zelda, that was pretty good...

Hmmm, Zalda you say? Zeldo? Never heard of it...I may need to try that one...sort of reminds me of some game I heard somebody talking about the other day, Zildars Sword in the Sky or something? Hmmm...dunno...

But seriously...Epic Mickey is pretty cool, Great hunts is cool, but deer hunter at the bar is a million times better so if that what you wanted, just go there, we have some other game that I can't remember the name of that sucks and then Skyward Sword which if you liked Twilight Princess you should love this one too especially since it brings back a little if the feel from the N64 games. (I'm a slightly biased Zelda fan though)

A party or group game you can't go wrong with is the Rayman Raving Rabbids game(s). They're nutty, tough, and fun to get a bunch of people playing against each other.

Metroid prime 3
Call of duty: MW3
Red Steel was interesting but I got bored eventually.

And Zelda (I liked Twilight Princess better than skyward sword)

Mike Tysons Punch Out...and I'm spent.

Wii sports and play are definitely more challenging and entertaining when drunk.

I guess the wii never caught on as they hoped because nintendo is going back to a controller-based system for their new wii console. Seems like an odd move since both PS3 and Xbox have motion-controlled systems to compete.

marvel super hero squad and any of the lego games is what me and kid play. (Batman, star wars, indiana jones, harry potter) Then there's the whole skylanders thing, but that's a whole nuther money pit

Are you looking for games for the Wii platform?

I've stopped buying Wii developed games and just use it now to play old school Nintendo.

That being said, I have all the Super Marios (exception to Super Mario 2 [Super Mario lost levels] Japan Release).

We'll check those out. Seems we passed on the rabbid one for some reason, but not sure.

Looking for original Wii console games that are simultaneous two player, aka couch co-op.

I have a bunch of Wii games. have you looked into 'soft-modding' it? I roam around a fantastic site that will get you through it with zero issues. Soft-modding is a way to run unsigned code. Homebrew applications, usb game loading from a HDD without the disc in the drive, old school emulation programs, etc. I have done dozens myself and I am here to help if needed.
Video game mods are my (now second to brewing) favorite thing to do.
PM if you want more info or links!

Back