Wife says I'm drinking too much.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just need to find a beer that 1) looks like soda 2) smells like soda 3) inebriates me but 4) that is not soda.

To the lab I go!
What about smoothly style sours. Add some coconut oil in the glass before you pour to ruin the head and you can pass it as a kambucha. “Honey, I’m just trying to get my probiotics” lol

My wife isn't too bad about it. It's usually around hour 12 of drinking that she gets mad at me. She drinks too. Practically every day! Technically I'd say she's a bigger lush than me. I just tend to drink a wee bit more than her in a sitting.

My wife isn't too bad about it. It's usually around hour 12 of drinking that she gets mad at me. She drinks too. Practically every day! Technically I'd say she's a bigger lush than me. I just tend to drink a wee bit more than her in a sitting.

after i got into calorie/nutrient tracking, just so i could drink as much as i do....i always loved talking smack to the women, because the first thing i learned is i burn 2800 cals a day sitting on my ass...and they only burn 1800......(i did it with understanding though)

and like losing 100 pounds of weight in front of women...she's probably just jealous!

if you ever need to really calm her down. just show her some of my posts! remind her there's people who drink more! :mug:

edit: and not to ruin the mood or anything but i've been drinking heavily for ~16 years and 5 years in i was about dead....i'd like to recomend two tools nutritiondata.com for the nutrient search function, and CRON-o-meter for the tracking.....worked wonders for me! i can stay ~175lb's 6'2" drink 18 beers in a day, and still eat right....just got to write it down, like a check book....

Last edited:
after i got into calorie/nutrient tracking, just so i could drink as much as i do....i always loved talking smack to the women, because the first thing i learned is i burn 2800 cals a day sitting on my ass...and they only burn 1800......(i did it with understanding though)

and like losing 100 pounds of weight in front of women...she's probably just jealous!

if you ever need to really calm her down. just show her some of my posts! remind her there's people who drink more! :mug:

edit: and not to ruin the mood or anything but i've been drinking heavily for ~16 years and 5 years in i was about dead....i'd like to recomend two tools nutritiondata.com for the nutrient search function, and CRON-o-meter for the tracking.....worked wonders for me! i can stay ~175lb's 6'2" drink 18 beers in a day, and still eat right....just got to write it down, like a check book....
I drank more in high school than I do now. I didn't drink much between '12 and '17, but I ramped back up in '18 when I got a daily job as opposed to what I was doing during the previous stretch. So that's about 25+ years I've been enjoying some brewskis.
What's calorie counting? I've counted beers and pennies. Is that similar?

it's the exact same thing as counting pennies.....so you don't get hit with overdrafts from the bank, or end up in debt.....lol

edit: damn, i'd LOVE a daily job so i could keep it to a 12 pack......:mug:
F'n china flu took away my job. I miss working. I was a ups driver from '03-'11 and that was too much work. Then I sold real estate until '18. Mostly foreclosures. On the bright side, I expect to be selling foreclosures again within the next couple of years. Until then it's brewskis and hairy eyeballs from the missus.

I test drove a lot of models before deciding I'd lease instead of buying. That way if things start going wrong, it's becomes somebody else's problem.
Getting more difficult these days to test drive especially when the make and model is in question. Thankfully, I am not looking/needing to test drive before buying...

I don't drink that much. I've been down to 2 days a week for a couple of months. Between the shutdown and may I was drinking 3 days a week. I think what pisses her off is I get trashed once or both times a week. And apparently I'm getting older because I've fallen down a few times.

Simple solution, get falling down drunk every night, she'll throw you out, then you can do as you please.
:cask:

My beer glasses are in the garage. A 2.5 quart Home depot plastic mixing container, that I have many for the brewery lying around up side down, fits perfectly over the glass. Requires a squeaky door.
Simple solution, get falling down drunk every night, she'll throw you out, then you can do as you please.
:cask:

With three teenagers...she'd have me living out of my truck. It's the proverbial 'it's cheaper to keep her' and just maybe not drink (as much).

Back