Why's Your Gallery Empty?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Why do so few people have anything in their Gallery? Come on folks, lets get busy and toss some images in there. Show a little pride.

Was one reason why I became a member. I assume most people have a digital camera... I'm always VERY behind in that sort of thing.

Brewpastor said:
Why do so few people have anything in their Gallery? Come on folks, lets get busy and toss some images in there. Show a little pride.

Answer 1.
There are some people on this forum who's galleries clearly indicate that anything that I could show would be inadequate.:D

Answer 2.
Should you as a minister really be encouraging people to show pride (which is one of the seven deadly sins)? :D

Answer 3
Should you as a minister really be showing things in your gallery that are guaranteed to invoke envy and lust (two more of the seven deadly sins)? :D

Answer 4
If we all showed our secrets, then BMC could find out how to really brew beer. If they ever put this knowledge into practice, then it would certainly reduce the number of new homebrewers which would be the beginning of the end of homebrewing as we know it, :drunk:

Rhoobarb said:
Okay, okay... ya guilted me into adding some more pix... sheesh!

Whiner!
;)

Just what every you do... don't give us the full pic of your aviator... please anything but that!!!

ajf said:
Answer 2.
Should you as a minister really be encouraging people to show pride (which is one of the seven deadly sins)? :D

Answer 3
Should you as a minister really be showing things in your gallery that are guaranteed to invoke envy and lust (two more of the seven deadly sins)? :D
You got PWNED, Pastor....

Beer Snob said:
Just what every you do... don't give us the full pic of your aviator... please anything but that!!!

Larger baby feeders can be a turn on, however pulsing blue veins on units larger than I are definitely beyond my realm of fantasy. Actually kind of reminds me of my 3rd grade teacher. And that was NOT a turn on even at that spry age. Rhoobarb, does you avatar have a daughter? ;)

Each Weekend I plan a Brew, get a friend or two to come brew with me and convert my fridge.. usually by the time we are done brewing we are too drunk to reasonably think about using power tools..... I'll post my conversion pics as soon As I stay sober enough to actually convert it...... Will be soon, since I have 2 batches that are going to be ready soon and will be going into kegs.

Brewpastor said:
I couldn't figure out what this has to do with equipment, so I move it to Chit Chat...hope you don't mind.

I've got one that I'll sell pretty cheap. It's a real basic HP, 3MP, nothing fancy about it but it takes a decent pic. It'll take an SD card, so you can keep a lot of pics on it. I don't have it with me, but I'll check the model number when I get home. If you have any interest, make me an offer. I just bought SWMBO a nice one for her b-day, and we don't really need two.

Causing people to sin in any form is job security for me, be it lust, pride, envy, I don't care. My job is to foster a sense of guilt that modivates others to do what I have determined is in my best interest. As for wanting to see other people's equipment, actually, being a protestant I am embarrassed by the whole topic, and filled with a deep sense of shame about my own. And as for those avatars, all I can say is, thanks for the mammaries.

Thanks for the offer, bird, but I think if I ever do get around to picking something up I'll probably be going all out (or as far as my credit can take me anyways ;) ) after which I'll feel compelled to spend a few weeks going cross country just to feel justified in the purchase, join a traveling circus, and then wake up somewhere in Germany with a really bad hangover. Then again I might skip all that and just do the camera thing.

For what it's worth, I bought my wife a Canon PowerShot A620, which we like a lot. Did a bunch of research, it got some very good reviews. Best camera I could find in the low- to mid-$200s range.

that's my problem to. Digital camera is on the fritz. I guess even when it was working, I had a problem figuring out what was gallery worthy.

Darth Konvel said:
I need to find me a new digi camera. The last one I had was an old 1.2 MP, but it's gone MIA on me.

I think I saw it last week in the Smithsonian. :D

Brewpastor said:
Causing people to sin in any form is job security for me, be it lust, pride, envy, I don't care. My job is to foster a sense of guilt that modivates others to do what I have determined is in my best interest. As for wanting to see other people's equipment, actually, being a protestant I am embarrassed by the whole topic, and filled with a deep sense of shame about my own. And as for those avatars, all I can say is, thanks for the mammaries.

:D

Dang people, there's no shame! I posted pics of my ghetto setup because I thought it was funny. Funny, but functional. WHile it's kinda sucky, it does the job and I can make good beer with it.

Do some of you really think you're going to be made fun of? I don't see that happening here.

I do think we have plenty of carboys with beer in them, though. ;)

My belief is this is as friendly a community as you are likely to find. I love seeing the creativityof people and the variety of approaches to this great hobby, whether it be some stainless obsessed gadget head, who cares more about toys then suds (wait, that sound like somebody I know), or some guy who tosses yeast in a bowl of sugar water to get a quick buz. I say share what you have and what you do because we will all be the better for it.

Maybe I'll get some pictures at Hop Madness next month. There is one guy who's three tier is made from card tables & old chairs.

Chairman Cheyco said:
<sniff> You should get a job telling people inspirational stuff like that... <sniff>

Does anyone have a tissue?

I actually stole that from my favorite book, "1001 Cheesy Inspirational Things to Say to People Who Don't Know Any Better". Glad you enjoyed it.

Chairman Cheyco said:
I see that book must have been written by a Catholic! :p

Before I get flamed, I would like to declare that I'm Catholic.

Oh we know better, we just feel guilty for it... ;)

(oh and yeah, I went to Mass last night too... :D )

Ize

Back