Why is my Pumpkin Ale not carbonating?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what temp are the bottles being stored at? do you have a good seal on your caps? How strong was the beer? SG & FG?

Bottles are kept around 70 degrees I do not have infor in front of me but it finished up around 8.6% I think it was 1.080 SG

I would just give it more time. I had a beer that was nearly 10% and took nearly 6 weeks to fully carb. I thought I killed all the yeast. Also my basement was a bit chilly at the time...probably 62-65*.

Thanks, If it doesn't carb soon I'm thinking of dumping them in a keg to carb up.

carbing in a keg sounds like a good idea. (Wish I had that option) Hopefully the bottles carb for you. The beer that took me so long to carb up really carbed good. The swing tops sound like a shot going off when I open them.

The only reason I didn't keg this time is because it took forever to get the smell out of my keg from a pumpkin ale.

I've been shaking these bottles for a week now and still low carb. Could soaking the spices in vodka kill the yeast?

Nope...I have added a whole bottle of Maker's Mark an had no issues carbing.

Latest posts

Back