Why do you have a brewery name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenpotf

Reaction score
I've been toying around with the idea of a brewery name, but I'll never do this professionally/large scale. I noticed that many of you have brewery names attached to your signatures. Why do you have them? One thought that I had was for competitions, but I could be off....

Thanks!

If anything competitions usually ask for club names. Brewery names are kind of like avatars, just something fun to identify with.

Why stop at a brewery name? I've got a Facebook page, t-shirts, and stickers!

My wife has a vinyl cutter and a heat press, so it's easy to make something up real quick like.

It's mostly just for fun though. No real plans to actually open a brewery. Plus, my brewery name ties into my other 'hobby'...old VW's.

Check it out....look for 'Green Bus Brewing' on Facebook (like the page while you're there).

Just for the banter! Hell, I even name my cars!

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

Why stop at a brewery name? I've got a Facebook page, t-shirts, and stickers!

My wife has a vinyl cutter and a heat press, so it's easy to make something up real quick like.

It's mostly just for fun though. No real plans to actually open a brewery. Plus, my brewery name ties into my other 'hobby'...old VW's.

Check it out....look for 'Green Bus Brewing' on Facebook (like the page while you're there).

You're not in the uk are you? I have a 1968 beetle which needs a loving home ...

Oh well, worth a shot. :-(

Thanks everyone! It's good to know that it wasn't just me thinking about having one for absolutely no reason at all :) Now I have to come up with one....

I have a name for my brewery...Two Trees Brewing. People want to have a name associated with what they are drinking and not just "some guy's homebrew". I also sell t-shirts with my logo and have a facebook page to keep people interested in what I am doing. Of course someday I would like to have a small brewery but for now this works really well.

The closest I've gotten is using my little brewery's name in a dystopian sci-fi story I'm nearly finished writing the first draft of. Good enough for me.

My brewery has a name because one of my daughters bought me a Christmas present a few years back: a wooden six-pack holder with "Washington Street Brewery" laser-cut into the wood. Since I live on Washington Street, I figured it was a good name.

glenn514:mug:

Are you sure this wasn't inspired by an older, flirty, single lady friend?

In my day,"cougar" wasn't a catch-name for a swinger. But we did have a fine looking Italian lady down the end of our little block when I lived at home. She liked nude sun bathing on her lil back porch. HOORAH! Back then,anyway,a cougar was a big ol' kitty.

Back