Who's doing what over the Holidays

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmm beer

Reaction score
I am having Christmas here for my family on the 25. Boxing day its to SWMBO parents for dinner. And the part I cant wait for on the 27th we are off to Quebec until the 1st for some snowboarding. Merry Christmas all, hope everyone is having fun through the holidays.:rockin:

We're having family over for Christmas Eve - about 20 or so. I have an Apfelwein and Cherry Wit on tap and hoping both are a hit. I'm hoping to empty at least one keg because I need to carb up a Grand Cru for my Step Dad's surprise 60th.

For New Year's, SWMBO and I are going out for the first time in a long time - Her parents are watching the kids.

Also, getting together with a couple of Northern Ill HBT guys at a local pub.

I'm also on vacation from today until the end of the year - hooray!!!

Working mainly. Will be on call from 25th - 1st which is a bummer. As for New Years Eve I have warned them that if there is a problem I shall be very drunk and they should expect nothing of me!
Going to start a cider and The Beast II just to keep busy.
oh and the wife and kid will be around somewhere...

Absolutely nothing, I'm retired & I "divorced" my family five years ago.

[I lied, I'll be drinking homebrew:mug: ]

Friday im going to try and take the day off to spend with my Brother (who is in town from college) and my Dad. We are probably going to be doing some brewing and have a stop planned to "Aksarban Brewery" to test out what they currently have on tap.
http://www.aksarbenbrewingcompany.com/

Regular family stuff the rest of the weekend.

Have a merry christmas everyone!

homebrewer_99 said:
After all the festivities I plan on tiling the bathroom floor, putting in a new sink and countertop and medicine cabinet...haven't chosen the lights yet...:D

We're crashing at my folk's house (about 45 minutes away) for the weekend, so I'm taking advantage of that time with an empty house to work on the bathroom, as well. Need to completely re-caulk the tub, ceiling needs to be painted, the previous homeowners painted the floor tiles so I'm stripping those. New medicine cab as well, although maybe not this weekend. Since the house is currently only one bathroom, it's a total PITA to do this work when people actually need to *use* the bathroom.

looks like I'm not the only one with projects over the holidays. I'm hoping to finish studding out my basement. I just finished the bathroom down there and SWMBO liked it so much, I got the ok to finish the rest

I'll be walking one hill over to the parent's house on Christmas Eve to hang with my Dad's side of the family. This is usually a really good time, hence the "walking" part. We've got Octoberseft and Carmel Cream on tap as well as Papa Charlie's Prickly Pear Cactus Mead and the traditional Christmas Spice type beer bottled up. Christmas Day, Mom's side of the family. And most importantly (sorry, family) a mega standing rib roast. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Here is the New Years tragedy though. Last night I'm sitting at my local watering hole Irish pub telling the owner about how SWMBO's Mom, cousin and Aunt are coming out for New Years and we are going to be down there instead of treking into Boston. He says, "Well, do you want the keys or something, It's a Sunday....I'm closed!!!!!!" BAH!!!!!!

A bunch of local bars are balloting hard to be allowed to open on New YEars w/o a Sunday license, so we will see what happens. I just can't imagine these local businesses not being able to open on what is a huge night for them. TRAGIC!!!! Needless to say, I had to ease my frustration with a few black & tans and a nice 16 year single malt. And another. I think.

homebrewer_99 said:
...I plan on tiling the bathroom floor.

the_bird said:
...to work on the bathroom, as well.

TOO WEIRD! I am taking off work tomorrow as we have a slab leak that a contractor is coming over to fix (supposedly all in a day). The leak? Where else, the master bath!

Otherwise the missus and I are driving to SW Oklahoma Saturday for her family's Christmas get together. Spend a few days there then come back as I have a few more home projects to knock out (work that I can do) so we [she] can be happy when we host a Super Bowl party. Our office shuts down through 2 Jan, so I hope to also make a couple more batches of homebrew (I've just started this hobby and still haven't been able to sample my first batch - questions about it in other threads.)

Happy Holidays one and all!

Heading out to the in-laws tomorrow night (or Saturday morning), where I'll be incommunicato until I return on Wednesday. I have all next week off, so I'm going to straighten up the basement (again) and garage (again). Meeting the SNIZZLE guys for some German food and beer, and picking up a couple of kegs. I plan on kegging my latest Hefe when I get back.

As for brewing, I'm going to make up a new mead and some Dead Guy or some Caramel Cream Ale this week.

rdwj said:
looks like I'm not the only one with projects over the holidays. I'm hoping to finish studding out my basement. I just finished the bathroom down there and SWMBO liked it so much, I got the ok to finish the rest

What are your stud fees? I have a basement with exposed concrete walls.

Back