Who's brewing on MLK/Civil Rights Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to do two 10 gallon batches but I can only fit 2 buckets in my freezer for fermenting. After the IPA gets racked, It's 10 gallons of Haus, followed by 10 gallons of Kolsch, followed by 10 gallons of Porter.

I think I'm going to work on Monday, but take Friday off since I'm having my dishwasher delivered. Since I'll be home, might as well brew up an IPA:mug:

Nah, I am doing my brewing Saturday. Got the 5 gallon "Starter" started today for the 888. Nice American Wheat yeast cake should be great.

EdWort said:
I'd love to do two 10 gallon batches but I can only fit 2 buckets in my freezer for fermenting. After the IPA gets racked, It's 10 gallons of Haus, followed by 10 gallons of Kolsch, followed by 10 gallons of Porter.

Its cool enough outside, you don't need your freezer. :)

Man, I never get MLK Day off!

It is nice though. I work in the ghetto, and there is literally NO traffic on the commute.

Score!

Ryanh1801 said:
Its cool enough outside, you don't need your freezer. :)
True, but I like my constant temp of the my freezer with the 25 watt light bulb. It makes consistently good beer, and every Haus Pale tastes as good as the last. :mug:

I'll be brewing up a variation on your HausAle Ed:

8lb 2 row
2lb Vienna Malt
.5lb Crystal 10L
.5oz Chinook (60 minutes)
.25 Amarillo Gold (45 minutes)
.25 Chinook (30 minutes)
.25 Chinook (5 minutes)
.25 Amarillo Gold (5 minutes)
Safale US-05 Dry Yeast

I want to compare the difference the hops and yeast will make.

I have to work on MLK day, but I'm brewing 20 gallons this weekend so it all should even out.

I think I'll brew the AHS Arrogant Bastard clone, and possibly your Haus Pale Ale if I have the ingredients on hand.

(Great recipe, by the way. It made my first AG go smoothly, and it tastes great!)

homebrewer_99 said:
Working on a Federal holiday??? :confused:

The legislature is in session that day here in VA, but I don't work there. Going there to lobby legislators, I do it every year on MLK day. I have the day off.

Buford said:
The legislature is in session that day here in VA, but I don't work there. Going there to lobby legislators, I do it every year on MLK day. I have the day off.

What do you lobby for? PM me if you want to keep it DL...

Don't have Monday off. But I really wanted to try my hand at a dubbel this Saturday. However, I brew on the patio and with a predicted high of 9oF and a wind chill of 10 below, I think I'll be staying inside and drinking homebrew. I will be transfering my "New Year, New Home" ale to the keg that day!:)

I am.

But I am brewing because its my birthday, not because its MLK day or Civil rights or anything like that. Screw everyone else - its all about ME

ha ha ha ha

Will be making AG batch of a MidWest Red Ale kit

I am calling it Martin's Ale (boring name, I agree)

Consumption occurs on Sunday, when the Pats shutdown the Chargers

i don't get MLK day off :mad: but i am brewing two batches this weekend.

i'm helping a friend and his dad brew their first all-grain hefeweizen :) (and i'm using a wheat LME i've never tried before that's supposed to be really good)

and i'm brewing with a friend...i think we're gonna go with a partial mash cuz of time (both batches are on sunday)

maybe i'll do some BBQ action on Saturday while i remember MLK's legacy of peace :)

Back