Whole Foods selling homebrew stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoobs95407

Reaction score
I went to Whole Foods in Santa Rosa CA to their tap room and there it was! Grains, kits, adjuncts and even equipment! All reasonably priced and there are open till 9pm. this will make getting ingredients so much easier.

Oh thats cool. I dont go to Whole Foods much, and didn't know there were tap rooms in them. But this makes me want to check out the Whole Foods in my area

Not a big fan of the idea of homebrewing becoming part of the chain store culture. MoreBeer and Northern Brewer have been moving in that direction, regionally, for some time. Same with the "exclusive" yeasts Wyeast licenses to the biggest online stores.
This will just squeeze more small local businesses out of existence.

Hmmm. My wife works for whole foods. I'll have to ask about this since I'd get 30% off...

I don't think it would squeeze out any LHBS business. For one, whole foods would never come close to having a good selection of grains. For another, they would only carry stuff like that in areas where there are tons of homebrewers. IMO it's no worse than williams and sonoma selling beer brewing kits. Target sells the mr beer kits, I don't think that is cutting into LHBS business.

I go to my LHBS for help and supplies, I buy from them because I can ask questions while I shop. With that said it would be great if I could run to the store at 8pm b/c i forgot something small. just my 2 cents.

I live in Charlotte, NC which is a big city. The closest LHBS to me is a 40 min drive :(

Back