Who do you order your beer kits from?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seconded on MoreBeer.

I was previously ordering from Midwest Supplies/Northern Brewer for kits. I then found out, late to the party, that InBev owns them now. Shut it down for me.

MoreBeer is great. Great customer service. I ordered a 3 gallon carboy from them and they accidentally shipped a five gallon. I called them and they let me keep the 5 gallon for free and shipped the 3 gallon free with two day shipping. If you can't find something you like on MoreBeer:

Austin Homebrew has a great selection. They offer some free-shipping kits, I think they rotate.

Adventures in Homebrewing (Homebrewing.org) also offers some free-ship kits.

I don't have any experience with the others. Midwest/Northern are fine, but the InBev deal turned me off. One of the reasons I got into homebrewing was to get away from folks like that.

That said, both companies have great customer service, even 2 years after being acquired.

Where is a good place to order extract beer kits with cheap shipping?
I used to live within 20 minutes of a LHBS and could just pick it up when I needed anything, it was so handy and convenient ...also rather addicting and expensive at the same time if you know what I mean. ChicagoBrewWerks.com . I will be up that way again very soon and I plan on stopping in for a few things, honest, just a few things.
My last order came from Homebrew supply. LOTS of kits available. I went through them all and put at least 2 dozen in my wish list.

7 years ago, I bought several kits from Northern Brewer. I felt their kits were top quality. I quickly learned that I could piece out the kits and buy the same things myself for a lot less $$. I got a Corona style mill early on and milled my own grain. Then buying grains in bulk saved even more. NB has the recipes of the kits in the instructions that you can look at online.

7 years ago, I bought several kits from Northern Brewer. I felt their kits were top quality. I quickly learned that I could piece out the kits and buy the same things myself for a lot less $$. I got a Corona style mill early on and milled my own grain. Then buying grains in bulk saved even more. NB has the recipes of the kits in the instructions that you can look at online.

This is exactly how I learned to piece out my all grain recipes.
It's also a neat way to figure out yeast selections for the style, too. Lots of websites will have their interpretations or recommendations for individual grain, hop, and yeasts so it's always fun to look at how a brew can vary. Changing them to suit your own taste is always fun.

I have never brewed a Morebeer kit (yet). I looked at their site and they have many that I want to try. The prices are very good for the kits. I ordered the black ipa kit and a capper. I didn't like having only 1 capper. The package came and the capper had busted the DME. Everything was stuck together. I sent them a email and they are sending me a new kit. I will be ordering from them again. I am new to brewing (again) but the kits are better quality than most I have seen.

I'll give an up vote for MoreBeer as well. I've moved on from extract kits but I've been ordering grains/hops and supplies from them. I love the free shipping and their prices are pretty good.

The only time I ever bought a kit online was from these guys. The ingredients were fresh, the beer tasted great, and when I contacted them with a question they responded very quickly.
I second that. I've ordered numerous kits from Jasper Home Brew (boomchugalug.com) and every one has been excellent. You are also correct in getting quick feedback from them. I buy exclusively from them now since they offer so many styles.

I have never brewed a Morebeer kit (yet). I looked at their site and they have many that I want to try. The prices are very good for the kits. I ordered the black ipa kit and a capper. I didn't like having only 1 capper. The package came and the capper had busted the DME. Everything was stuck together. I sent them a email and they are sending me a new kit. I will be ordering from them again. I am new to brewing (again) but the kits are better quality than most I have seen.

I like MoreBeer as well. That Black IPA is really good too.

Yeah, as stated above, Adventures In Home Brewing.
I've been treated well there.

Just ordered a kit from love2brew. They have a good selection of 2 1/2 gallon kits and BIAB as well.

Back