who are the worst for smoking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XELA

Reaction score
here in england i know someone who smokes 40 a day..

but most ppl i know smoke 10 to 20 a day

who are the worst for tobacco smokin?

my dad tell me the french but i dno...?

40 plus? thats quite bad!

for some reason i didnt thin america were to bad for smokin...

i only smoke like 3 or 4 when drinkin... alcohol gives me cravins, which is wired cuz nicotine accually saves brain cells from the damage caused by alcohol

somethin like that anyway :D

Most of us left coasters in the U.S. don't smoke at all. A lot of jobs even make you sign a contract saying you will not use tobacco of any kind on or off the job. That keeps insurance rates down (in theory).

Here in Tas it seems to be normal to smoke. Standing at the bus stop this morning on my way to work I was looking at the number of people smoking in their cars as they went past. One stupid b1tch even threw out her butt as she drove past me as I was looking! She had a face that looked as if it hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way down and THEN hit a large rock at the bottom before become potential material for either a handbag or a sturdy pair of shoes.

I know two guys who have the same habit, and have perfected the moves to carry it out flawlessly...Each guy can finish a cigartte, and in one fluid motion, without stopping, pull out another, light it and go. They spend most of their active hours repeating this over and over and over. I think the only time they get any actual oxygen is when they are sleeping.

I smoked for a couple years when I was 17 and smoked up until 19, and then quit. I can occassionally enjoy a cigar now and then, but not too often, as with cigars, I inhale when I smoke them, where most do not. Cant help it, its natural to do it.

Once was in an apartment where there was an ashtray in arms reach..... at every moment. The bathroom had 3 ashtrays in it--- one was IN the shower.

I used to smoke. I still have one once in a while when I'm out with a buddy that smokes. I didn't so much 'quit smoking' as I quit owning cigarettes. I actually miss smoking. There's something about sitting in the backyard with a good book and a couple fingers of scotch, smoking a cigarette. It's a great feeling.

On the other hand, as more and more municipalities here pass smoking bans, it was getting harder to find a place to go hang out. Not being an active smoker any more (but not being afraid to hang out someplace where there is smoking) it really makes choosing a place to go wide open.

Tony said:
I can occassionally enjoy a cigar now and then, but not too often, as with cigars, I inhale when I smoke them, where most do not. Cant help it, its natural to do it.

same here.. i bet its like smokin 20 fags at once :eek:

kornkob said:
I used to smoke. I still have one once in a while when I'm out with a buddy that smokes. I didn't so much 'quit smoking' as I quit owning cigarettes. I actually miss smoking. There's something about sitting in the backyard with a good book and a couple fingers of scotch, smoking a cigarette. It's a great feeling.

i know.. i miss smokin out the second floor window at night with whatever booze i had, dno why..jus liked it!

I don't miss it at all. I smoked for about 13 years and this is my second time quitting. The first time I tried, I was good for 21 months, then started dating SWMBO who was a smoker at the time. I'm at 15 months now and feel great. My clothes, car, and house smell better. I've definitely gained weight as a result, so that this year's project: get back down to around 200.

XELA said:
i know.. i miss smokin out the second floor window at night with whatever booze i had, dno why..jus liked it!

There's definately something aobut the nicotine that enhances the buzz.

I also suspect that there's an impact on how much a guy can drink. I've noticed my tolerance drop and of the 2 guys I know who used to smoke, they can't pack it away like they used to.

I also noticed that a long night of drinking produces a singificantly reduced hangover. I dont' know if that is because of reduced consumption, though.

It is, however, cheaper when I don't smoke--- by about $5. :)

There's upsides and downsides.

i know people say smoking makes you eat less, but it really doesnt for me, and i never put on weight when i quit from about 20 a day

i still cant go past two beers without smokin at least one roll up tho

roll ups are much better than normal fags!!

Latest posts

Back