Which supply store has best selection of kettles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEABrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
With Christmas fast approaching, I'm getting the inevitable "what do you want?" question, which gets increasing harder to answer since I generally go out and buy what I want, when I want it. :)

I've recently started putting together my first All Grain kit together and it's already in pretty good shape (rubbermaid coolers for HLT/MLT, aeration setup, stir plate, yeast starter kit, jet burner, range of fermentation vessels, etc.).

The one remaining upgrade on my list is to get a larger, good quality kettle. I don't really have the time to research kettles in a ton of detail right now, so I thought I'd just ask for a gift certificate to one of the online shops and use that towards a kettle purchase once I'm ready.

So, with that background, which online supply store would be the best choice to ask for a gift certificate from if my primary goal is to purchase a kettle? Also, is there anything else that I should think about adding to my kit?

Thanks in advance!

Check out Spike Brewing. They make their own kettles and from what I've read on this forum they're some of the best available. Price wise it breaks down like this:

SB 15 gal w/ ball valve, thermometer, and sight glass: $290
Polarware 601BP w/ ball valve: $270 (at the cheapest)
Blichmann Boilermaker 15 gal w/ ball valve and thermometer: $395

If you want to save some cash, you can also go with a 10 gallon aluminum kettle from a restaurant supply store. Many of us have gone this route. But since this would be a gift you might as well splurge :p

Amazon is a good option. I have purchased both of my kettles there. I would also consider subscribing to Homebrewfinds.com. They send out daily deals. The new kettles from Northern Brewer look great. I was saving to buy a 20-gallon version when I found a cheaper Bayou Classic on Amazon, but it was a tough call. The NB kettles have a lot of great features.

Check out Spike Brewing. They make their own kettles and from what I've read on this forum they're some of the best available. Price wise it breaks down like this:

SB 15 gal w/ ball valve, thermometer, and sight glass: $290
Polarware 601BP w/ ball valve: $270 (at the cheapest)
Blichmann Boilermaker 15 gal w/ ball valve and thermometer: $395

+1 for Spike

Any particular brand names or sellers?

Try Winco. I believe their pots are 1/4" thick. I ended upvgoing with Thunder Group though. Some of the reviews guessed they were 1/4" and they were cheaper. Went with the 25 gallon pot myself :D

I second spikes kettles. I got a 10 gallon vertical with a thermo and 2 piece ball valve for 210.00. Great kettle and easy to clean.

Back