Which model Taprite?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davetct

Reaction score
Im sick of bottling and getting equipment together for kegging. I have been looking around at different regulators on amazon,ebay etc and see a huge price difference and I guess thats what confusing me. I have noticed some of the taprites the co2 pressure is changed with what looks like a screwdriver and others just have a turn knob. Other than that a dual guage taprite,are they all the same? Thanks alot for looking and posting replies. Cheers Dave

Go with the knob version, just easier to deal with than using a screwdriver to adjust. Both function the same way, just makes more sense to have a knob. I have the Taprite three product secondary regulator so I can control pressures to three different kegs individually, love it.

Rev.

Rev thanks for the reply. That's sort of what I was thinking. Found some good prices on them. Thanks Dave

Sometimes expense is the best economy. I suggest buying a good one, even if it means paying more. You'll only buy it once, and you won't spend your life trying to get it working. That's money in the bank right there.

I have a Taprite and a Micromatic. The taprite has a big red nifty knob which is nice. Also, it isn't tarnishing at the alarming rate that the Micromatic is.

Thanks for the replies. I'm sold on taprite but there r so many different models. It's my OCD:). Some have barb connections with the ability to turn off the gas there. I'm poor:) don't mind turning the regulator with a screw driver, so many different models. One I saw was 742hp?75 bucks? Just trying to save a couple bucks

More beer had a sale on secondary tap rite regs not long ago nearly half off. I bought two to replace the craptastic cheapo model on two of my regs (perlick guy gave them to me for free).

I hate barb fittings. Much prefer the flare nut. Frankly I'm not really aware of all the various model numbers and differences.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Thanks for the replies. Good info on the barb. Bet it can be a PITA. How bout the gas shutoff at that fitting. Good, not good or doesn't matter. Thanks last question!

thanks for all of the feedback. ordered the regulator a week ago and getting the lines from the local homebrew shop. looking forward to keggin Tnx

That what I'm looking forward to. No more bottles, no my priming sugar, just getting all my pieces together. Got a good price on a taprite and will keg my first batch in two weeks. Only have two cornys left to buy. Tnx

Back