Which do you like better?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canuckmug

Reaction score
Well before I put my first batch in a fermenter I was playing around with label designs. Now apparently there is someone in this forum with the same idea for a name. I know this because when i registered at this forum it said "brewpastor" was already taken. I'm not that person, and he/she can use this label if desired, and if its a big deal I'd be willing to think of a different name. I am however an ordained minister and some people in the area where i live don't think Christians should touch alcohol. So I wanted to incorporate a churchly/heavenly theme to my name and label and maybe change some poor attitudes. Anyway, i can't decide between full color or a black and white minimalist design. What do you think?

beerlable2.jpg

beerlable3.jpg

The HBT user named "BrewPastor" is also an ordained minister, and is a really cool guy. We're not prejudice against religion. Jesus was a homebrewer, wasn't he? Sure he turned water into wine, and we turn water into beer, but.... six of one half-dozen of another...

anyway, about the labels... I personally like the black-n-white one.

Pretty light color for a belgian dubbel. :D

I like the black. You could print it on a color other than white, even get rid of the gradients so it is truly only black (no grays). Printed on a olive green tan, that black would look cool.

Jesus, I'm pretty sure he 1) drank wine, 2) one of his miracles involved making wine, and 3) he spoke against drunkenness, not drinking.

I too am an ordained Minister. Although I don't believe in god.

I vote the black and white one. A Simple design need simple colors.

+1 to the color, looks like a trippel, not a dubbel :D

I am the afore mentioned Brewpastor. Been a pastor for 24 years and a brewer for about 30. Picked up the Brewpastor title years ago while brewing professionally. All that being said, who cares what you call your beer. I mean how many Black Sheep Stouts are out there? Call it Bud if you want.

Images are blocked by the firewall here. So I'll have to look at them later.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm really glad to see men of faith who aren't so closed-minded. I'm a lay person but trying to start a Homebrewing Evangelism-Thing. There are enough great men in my church who enjoy a beer that I'm working on a model to have them over regularly to brew, and invite some of my non-believer friends over to show them a good example of Christian-fellowship in a context they can get into.

If you pastors can come up with some scriptural support for this effort, I'd love it!

I would love, not in this thread and likely not in this open forum, to have a conversation about the various theologies on alcohol and how to assuage my parents that I'm not crazy. ;)

I would love, not in this thread and likely not in this open forum, to have a conversation about the various theologies on alcohol and how to assuage my parents that I'm not crazy. ;)

Good luck with that. My parents aren't religious at all, but they still think I am crazy.

seems to be several ministers here... we should get together and write some beer doctrine. I'll research Martin Luther who said "it is better to think of the church in the brew-house, than of the brew-house while in the church." That's an awesome idea btw jetsmooth. Got me thinking

I wasn't aware of that Luther quote. I'll have to find it and incorporate that.

Just found this one after some Googlin'.

"The selling of bad beer is a crime against Christian love." -- Law, city of Augsburg, 13th Century

There's something about both of them that I like; I think you should try the colored glass and halo with the rest black. To me the black is striking because of it's contrast but is a little blah, while the colored one is more dynamic but lacks contrast.

Nice imagery though. I too like the second one because it has more going on.

I like the black and white version - but without the gradient. Might be nice to drop it on a background color, though (it kinda reminds me of the songbooks at our church - "Songs Of Faith & Praise"...I think?)

This is my 4th rewrite of my post. Couldnt decide. I like em both!!

Also Canuckmug where you from??? I live in Hamilton, ON. If your nearby I could always taste you brew and that'd help me decide ;)

Back