Which BMC to buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, believe it or not, this is a serious question. I have not tasted BMC since .....dunno. I drank a bud light at a ball game two years ago and hated it.

I'm throwing a poker/beer/pizza party for a bunch of guys in my garage tonight and I forgot to buy BMC. I don't know several of these guys at all - friends of friends - but I'm assuming I'll need at least some BMC or risk having sober poker players:) I don't want to poll them, or I may be on the hook for 6 different 12-packs of this junk.

What should I get? Is there a universally liked BMC? Is there much difference outside of Bud, which I just won't buy?

I feel so superior:mug:

Most BMC ers I know are light guys.
I'd get a a 12er of either bud light or miller lite and complimnet that with either MGD or budwiser. Swith the brand vs reg and light. Ie Bud light with MGD or Bud with Miller Lite...
That's what I do.

If you want to buy only one, MGD is pretty universally liked by both Bud and Miller drinkers.

Incidently, my dad told my my cream ale is "almost as good as MGD" so I think that was high praise.

Just don't buy too much...you prolly won't want to get stuck with the leftovers. :D

Brewbrain is a beersnob, brewbrain is a beersnob, neener, neener, neener! :rockin:

Of course, you could get Miller Lite, it is Triple Hopped in case you hadn't heard.

OK, MGD it is. I used to drink this in college.

Of course I'll work on converting the heathens. Besides a small amount of decent homebrew, I have on hand:

Firestone Walker Pale Ale
Fire Rock Pale Ale
Calico Amber
Drake's Amber
Oaked Arrogant Bastard
SN Torpedo
SN Celebration Ale
Miscellaneous singles from times gone by.

Of course I'll work on converting the heathens. Besides a small amount of decent homebrew, I have on hand:

Fire Rock Pale Ale
Calico Amber
Drake's Amber
Oaked Arrogant Bastard
SN Torpedo
SN Celebration Ale

Can I come!? I promise not to pee on anything! (Indoors)

Fire Rock Pale Ale
Calico Amber
Drake's Amber
Oaked Arrogant Bastard
SN Torpedo
SN Celebration Ale

You don't have to show your "cred" to us, you already explained it wasn't for you. :D

I have an Arrogant Bastard waiting for me when I get home as well! I wish Trader Joes carried oaked, at TJ's AB is only 4.99 a bomber, as opposed to 6 something at my usual beerstores.

You don't have to show your "cred" to us, you already explained it wasn't for you. :D

I have an Arrogant Bastard waiting for me when I get home as well! I wish Trader Joes carried oaked, at TJ's AB is only 4.99 a bomber, as opposed to 6 something at my usual beerstores.

My local BevMo carries 12-oz six-packs of the oaked goodness. :ban::tank:

I probably should just pull up Yooper's recipe and git'r done.

You're actually a good friend to go and buy BMC for your friends...I'm sure many on here would say, "can't handle my beer, bring your own, and take it with you when you go."

Nice guy you!!!:rockin:

PBR gets my vote

You're actually a good friend to go and buy BMC for your friends...I'm sure many on here would say, "can't handle my beer, bring your own, and take it with you when you go."

Nice guy you!!!:rockin:

All of my friends as well as myself are broke so every event is BYOB.

Too bad there's no Trader Joes on your side of the state, their house brand of "boutique beers" made by Gordon Biersh are decent beers @ $5.69 a sixer, and you can mix them. I'm loving their Vienna Lager.

WE have GB in Co. but no TJ's and no GB in Bottles. Colorado is so lame sometimes

I agree! Even letting it warm up a bit brings out some interesting banana esters...It's pretty good.

I never noticed the esters before. It is going to be nice and warm tomorrow. I am thinking I am going to have to test this out. It is not sacrilegious to drink PBR when brewing is it?

OK, believe it or not, this is a serious question. I have not tasted BMC since .....dunno. I drank a bud light at a ball game two years ago and hated it.

I'm throwing a poker/beer/pizza party for a bunch of guys in my garage tonight and I forgot to buy BMC. I don't know several of these guys at all - friends of friends - but I'm assuming I'll need at least some BMC or risk having sober poker players:) I don't want to poll them, or I may be on the hook for 6 different 12-packs of this junk.

What should I get? Is there a universally liked BMC? Is there much difference outside of Bud, which I just won't buy?

I feel so superior:mug:

Sad to say, but even after being introduced to real beer, a lot of people still like the piss fizz water brewed by BMC

If I had to pick, I think original Coors and regular Miller are drinkable.

That other crap with corn tastes sooooo bad.

BMC should change to POS

:)

Too bad there's no Trader Joes on your side of the state, their house brand of "boutique beers" made by Gordon Biersh are decent beers @ $5.69 a sixer, and you can mix them. I'm loving their Vienna Lager.

yeah, the only cheap "craft beers" I can get here are the Michelob ones, at $5.50 ish.

Well, I've got a fridge full of MGD:mad:

I mean :)

Everybody liked my amber on tap best and one keg bit the dust. I replaced with another amber and it took a heavy hit.

Hardly any bottles were opened, so I now have a very full fridge of all my favorites. It'll keep me busy while I get my homebrew line full again over the next few months.

The only BMC drinker who I knew wouldn't budge brought Boddingtons Pub Ale, which I'd never tried before. I thought there might be hope for him yet. Then I cracked one open. Guess not:p

I keep meaning to try them, are they worth it? I've wondered especially about their pale ale.

they are ok. The pale ale wasn't bad, I liked their porter.
The marzen was almost as good as SA oktoberfest (the only other marzen I have had).
I hated the Bavarian style wheat.
Shock Top is a little bland but not bad (would be good when it is hot out)
hop hound amber wheat tasted like nothing, probably the most bland beer I have ever had.

I think that is all that I have tried. I have heard good things about the stone mill organic pale ale, but I haven't tried it.

Back