Where to sell? I have a ton of great stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinc

Reaction score
I have a picobrew Xymatic that is collecting dust as well as kegs, tubes, connectors, pump, chiller, grain mill, yeast growing eq, water testing. All of the stuff one buys after buying the wrong stuff first. I'm not interested in shipping- I'm in the Bay Area and there must be plenty of brewers around. Whats's the best way to sell this collection? This forum seems pretty wide spread. Do you guys shop on craigslist or facebook?

Thanks

Marty

Craigslist works. I have run into brewing gear not being acceptable on Facebook Marketplace due to alcohol related content.

Check out the sites of any brew clubs in your neighborhood.

I'm in the Bay Area, got any pics of your kit posted somewhere?

Facebook Marketplace and buy/sell groups seems to be where its at which is a shame because otherwise I'd probably abandon it. Seems the last election cycle was the nail in the coffin for any civil use. There's a group called Homebrew Network Marketplace that is pretty active with 22.5K users. The group mods don't seem to check on it very often so you may need to request access a few times. Be warned its Facebook though so there are those who think they are entitled to be, well, "not nice" if your ad offends them.

Craigslist is dead around here. Very little listed that isn't commercial advertising or a scam and even including that stuff there's way fewer ads than a few years ago. Last few times I tried to use it to sell the only interest I got was scams. I do check it from time to time as a buyer because people get sick of the incessant scams while sitting on their stuff and are willing to deal after a week or two of no other traffic.

Last edited:
Back