Where to go in Dever/Boulder area . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halldawg

Reaction score
going out for the UGA-CU football game. Will be there a few days and wanted to see/taste the area. Thanks in advance. I will hang up now and listen to your response.

Boulder Beer Company in Boulder: recommend Mojo IPA, Haze and Infused, the Denver Airport has a Boulder Beer Company bar.

Walnut Brewery in Boulder: Indian Peaks PA is a good ale. We got lucky the last trip and stopped in when they just tapped a new batch of a IPA that was absolutely the best beer I've ever had.

Both have good food. Enjoy! Mojo is one of my all time favorites, maybe because it turned me into a hop head :)

Avery in Boulder
Oskar Blues in Longmont/Lyons
Left Hand in Longmont
Great Divide in Denver
Dry Dock in Denver
Falling Rock in Denver (not a brewery, but a bar with a great tap selection)
Wynkoop Pub in Denver

If you make it up to Fort Collins;
New Belgium
Odells (my favorite)
Equinox

going out for the UGA-CU football game. Will be there a few days and wanted to see/taste the area. Thanks in advance. I will hang up now and listen to your response.

For LoDo (LowerDowntown) Denver, Falling Rock Tap House for at least 69 draft selections.

Wynkoop Brewing Company, Colorado's first BrewPub. Very large selection of house made beers. English styles ales are pulled with a hand pump and served warmer than the American and Euro styles. MileHighPA is a wonderful, big IPA.

Great Divide Tasting Room. All of Great Divides beers on tap and some of their limited release bottles available for sale.

East Denver, Vine Street Pub. They serve beers made by Mountain Sun in Boulder and other local brews. Great food.

South East Denver, Bull & Bush. VERY good beer made on site in an English pub setting.

South East suburbs, Dry Dock Brewing. Only serves beer made on site, no food. They have medaled at GABF many times over the past few years.

Boulder, South Side. Southern Sun. This is the production brewery for Mountain Sun. They usually have 3-4 different IPAs on, made on site. Very good food with a Boulder hippy vibe.

Pearl Street Mall, Just east of the mall is the original Mountain Sun brewpub. Very Boulder hippy but great beer.

East Boulder, Boulder Brewing Company. The first Colorado micro brewery. Building looks similar to a modern church. Very good beers served on draft in the smallish pub.

Twisted Pine and Avery Brewing. Both are located in industrial areas. Both have tasting rooms and both offer very unique brews.

If you want to sit in on an all grain homebrew batch in the southwest Denver surburbs, drop me a PM.

I'll obviously defer to the Colorado folks on this, but wanted to throw in another vote for Great Divide. Was there about a year ago...small, friendly tasting room, awesome people working there (gave us a tour too) with tasty beers.

Don't skip out on Mountain Sun in Boulder, CO or Avery for that matter. Been to both, great beers and two completely different experiences. Amazing!

Boulder: Avery Brewing Co, which is in my opinion the best the city has to offer. If you want to branch out I would go sample Mountain Sun, Boulder Beer and Twisted Pine, in that order, but after Avery.

Denver: I would highly recommend you head over to the Falling Rock Tap Room as it's the best beer bar I have ever beer to. For breweries I would head over to Great Divide and Wynkoop. You could do all 3 easily on foot and even easier in a cab as they are all downtown.

If you are able to head out of the area a bit you have a bunch up options. Bull & Bush, Vine Street (Mountain Sun), and Dry Dock are very good and are in Denver/Aurora. Longmont (near Boulder) has Left Hand Brewery and Oskar Blues is in Lyons (close). If you're able to make the trip up north to Fort Collins you can hit Odell (also my favorite), Fort Collins, New Belgium, etc.

If I were you I would just not miss the Falling Rock or Avery or Mountain Sun and hit as many of the others as you can.

I am not all together that fond of Avery's regular lineup (IPA is great), but their pilot beers are fantastic. Maharaja = heaven.

Go to lunch at the Wynkoop then get the hell out of Denver! Come on up to the Boulder/Longmont area. All the Breweries above are excellent. I am partial to Oskar Blues in Longmont not only do they make great beer (GUBNA) but because they have a great tap selection also. Food is good but a little overpriced (HEAR THAT GORDON!) Great bands and atmosphere Friday/Saturday night outdoors.

This is going to be a long thread. So many great beers are born in CO.... but since you are only there for a couple of days here is a "must do" list:

1. Avery Brewery in Boulder. Especially if you are free on friday night. They do special tapping of an experimental brew. A but of a drive from LoDo but definitely worth it. I would be there every time if I could. Probably the least recoginzed for their talent. Geniuses in beer.

2. Falling Rock is fantastic and not far from where you will probably be staying.

3. Gordon Beirsch in Broomfield. A national chain but great beer selection none the less. Located in between the first two options.

Latest posts

Back