Where to get CO2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyanmonkey

Reaction score
Just ran out of CO2 for the first time.

Should I check out a welding supply place? I have Amerigas out by me, but I'm thinking they're just propane?

Also any ideas as far as cost? It's a 5lb tank.

I usually use a place that fills fire extinguishers. Runs about 18 bucks for 5 lbs. Costs do vary by vendor so check around. Otherwise check out a welding supply store, but the ones in my area want to do tank exchange. Sux if you have a really nice newer tank.

I always use a welding supply shop...it's your cheapest route. If your tank has been tested already, it's cheaper to just have it filled. If not, trade it for a full one and pay a little more. Most welding shops do not actually fill co2, but send it to be filled...so it might take a week to get one filled.

I haven't been able to find any welding shops near me that refill co2 tanks, I spent a bunch of time calling around. What I did find was a party/ice shop that was able to refill my 5lbs tank for $10.

Back