Where to get CO2? Tyler, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyf

Reaction score
I apologize for possibly (probably?) repeating an oft asked question.

I'm in/around Tyler, TX and I'm looking for a place that will refill and/or sell 5-10lb CO2 tanks. I don't have a CO2 tank yet and don't want to buy a brand new one if I'm going to have to trade it in as opposed to getting it filled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Most local homebrew shops do swaps but I'd say most people on here get theirs filled at welding shops or fire extinguisher service centers (they'll fill) or airgas (depends on location but most just swap).

Lots of people say that it doesn't matter if you swap or fill, but personally I'm hanging onto my brand new aluminum tank. From what I've read the only thing they do differently with "food grade" CO2 is sell it in a glass-lined bottle to prevent off-flavors from rust, etc. I don't want to swap out my tank (that I know is clean) for a rusty steel POS (that could have had beer back up into it 20 years ago).

Airgas is legit. Looks like you've got a location in Tyler.

4431 Cantina Drive,
Tyler, TX 75708

Old thread, but Tyler Welding has the best prices. Standard tank fill is $13.

Back