where to get a starter [rhizome]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junkyard brewer

Reaction score
Where can I pick up a rizohm? I have looked high and low across the internet and cant find anything.

Anyone have any direction on where to find a few?

This is the wrong time of year. This is harvest season now, most rhizomes are sold in April-May.

I used Freshops.com.

I had a bit of fuzzy growth on my soil after planting, and after describing it to the owner, he simply shipped replacements. I think most people here have reported good service from there, although there are other places to get them at the right time of year.

guess this is something that will have to go on the long term back burner, as I will be moving around that time next year. :(

thanks for the information.

What you should do is buy the rhizomes next spring and put them in 1-2 gallon pots. That will give you a jump start on the growth whether you can transplant them after the move or end up leaving them in the pots for the summer.

What is the proper way to winter hops planted in pots?

I have two hop plants growing outside and 7 plants growing inside... all in 1 gal pots (I put the two strongest outside). I live in PA, so our winters could result in total freezing of the pots if left outside.

Back