Where to find Pulleys?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tooblue02

Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of reading on here as of late trying to figure out how to connect a 1725 RPM AC motor to my Barley Crusher and the one thing I haven't been able to locate is where to find the right pulley for this mill? I believe the shaft is 3/8" but I can't find a pulley with that ID and an OD of over 10"? Can someone please help me locate the parts to get this connected or perhaps provide a list of the parts they used to make this same setup work?? THANKS!!!!!

Just about any place that offers the pulley will also offer a reducer bushing/sheave. I used Grainger. However they tend to be hit-n-miss on whether they will sell to the public or not.

I'm in the middle of doing this myself. I purchased a 12" and a 1.5" sheave with 1/2" bores from Zorotools on ebay; they have a lot of stuff and their prices were good. Fast shipping as well. My motor has a 1/2" drive shaft so that was no problem. My mill is 3/8", so I purchased a bore reducer to mate them. Line up the whole for the set screw and tighten down, you're good to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8-X-1-2-X-1-1-4-Electric-Motor-Shaft-Adapter-Drive-Pulley-Bore-Reducer-Bushing-/331438198360?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2b418e58

Back