Where to buy this type of bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyg354

Plant Based Homebrewer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking too buy some 12oz bottles in the stubbier style. Similar to the bottles say Founders or Sierra Nevada puts there beer in. Anyone know where I can score some on the internet for a nice price?

Just buy SN beer. Empties are always over priced. Why buy empties when you can enjoy beer then have empties for just a few bucks more!

Just buy SN beer. Empties are always over priced. Why buy empties when you can enjoy beer then have empties for just a few bucks more!

Yes...This. All my homebrew bottles came with beer in them. Good way to try a bunch of tasty microbrews.

You can do what i do when i need them quick. Just stand at bottle redemptions and buy empties off people for 5cents just make sure you dont get twist offs.

Hey guys, I'm looking too buy some 12oz bottles in the stubbier style. Similar to the bottles say Founders or Sierra Nevada puts there beer in. Anyone know where I can score some on the internet for a nice price?

funny you are looking for these, i always put them out with the recycling.

I just scored 20 SN bottles tonight from a guy at the gym that loves the Celebration.. tomorrow is cleaning day. Another guy think he still has at least three cases of swing tops. I sure hope he still does. I may have found the pot o gold at the end of the rainbow. :D

Case and point, the local bar literally just called me. I have to swing by there Friday morning and pick up around 400 bottles. I'd bet close to 60-100 of those are SN, and the majority of the rest will be SA.

My local craft brew bottle shop has tastings every last friday. I cruise by on the next saturday and scoop up the bottles if I need them.

The best score was the 750 mL (25+ oz) bottles of Sierra Nevada's 30th Anniversary Beers. While the bottles come with corks and cages, the bottles are cappable and therefore perfect for homebrew!

You guys are crazy...buying empties. Go to your local dump, bring some gloves, and go through the bottle recycling bin. The one at my dump is 4 feet high and probably has 1000+ bottles in it on Sunday.

You guys are crazy...buying empties. Go to your local dump, bring some gloves, and go through the bottle recycling bin. The one at my dump is 4 feet high and probably has 1000+ bottles in it on Sunday.

I'll pass on the bacterial infection. LOL.

It's not as dirty as it sounds really. Glass is glass. You can use bottles dug up from ancient Egypt if you want. Just make sure you clean them sufficiently and sanitize them correctly. Glass doesn't go bad or get infected.

It's not as dirty as it sounds really. Glass is glass. You can use bottles dug up from ancient Egypt if you want. Just make sure you clean them sufficiently and sanitize them correctly. Glass doesn't go bad or get infected.

+1 That's why glass is the most popular container for everything from beverage to scientific/medical chemical storage. It's easy to clean and sanitize, and usually the internal surface doesn't get scratch. Nothing can really penetrate it.

Sierra Nevada you can often find for 11.99 to 12.99 per 12 back. You'd pay like $7-9 per 12 pack of empty bottles. You might as well buy them full of beer.

Hell my local Safeway had Celebration for $12.99 a pack.

Thats weird i live in Rhode Island and SN 12s are only 13.99. You must live in NewPort and get ripped off.

Calichusetts said:
Just clean them...I only use flip-top so I just buy, but people on here are posting about buying them from bars or redemption centers...just go to the dump if you want free ones

I have been hearing of these mythical dumps since i was a kid but have never seen one. We have a landfill wich is privately owned and a metal recycler both of which are in only, nothing comes out. Unless you want to buy a thousand tons.

Think about this:

You eat out? People with diseases use the same plates, knives, forks, cups, toilets, etc that you do. Some kid making minimum wage that doesn't care gives them a quick blast and they are back in rotation right to your table.

Those bottles you got from the dumb get soaked, cleaned, soaked, cleaned, blasted in dishwasher with scorching water, and probably soaked again then lastly sanitized.

Enjoy the bottles.

Think about this:

You eat out? People with diseases use the same plates, knives, forks, cups, toilets, etc that you do. Some kid making minimum wage that doesn't care gives them a quick blast and they are back in rotation right to your table.

Those bottles you got from the dumb get soaked, cleaned, soaked, cleaned, blasted in dishwasher with scorching water, and probably soaked again then lastly sanitized.

Enjoy the bottles.

Good Point!

Go to any recycling center and ask to buy from them. They will give you a good price because they are in it for the money. Most recyclers are very cool people. I work with them all the time. Good people to know.

. Similar to the bottles say Founders or Sierra Nevada puts there beer in.

I like Founders beers, but I hate their bottles I've had them break while capping and uncapping, they are thinner around the crown. Costco sells 24 packs of SN bottles for $23.99 that come with free beer inside

I feel bad. I have so many i no longer keep mine and recycle them.I have enough in circulation as well as stock that its become a burdon to even think of cleaning and storing more empties. I dont see the problem with drinking some craft beers you may have not tried to get your bottle inventory going.
I like the "Just go to the dump" Posts , funny stuff. May as well find a good tire while at the dump and make it into a fermenter too, just scrape out all the baby diapers , needles and used condoms first.

I have a friend that's a bar tender and she saved me 2 cases worth over a weekend. Boom. I probably have 8 cases or so. Most of them free.

I like Founders beers, but I hate their bottles I've had them break while capping and uncapping, they are thinner around the crown. Costco sells 24 packs of SN bottles for $23.99 that come with free beer inside

This. I just priced a case of 12oz empties from NB. $12 for the glass, 16 for shipping. Those 12$ bottles are actually 28. So....I told my self if I have to buy bottles with SNPA already in them, I'll just have to accept that to save that money;)

I'm crazy for preferring to walk into a clean bottle shop and select any style of bottle I want from a huge selection for a dim apiece rather than trudge through a dirty smelly landfill?

I'm total bonkers!

I'm crazy for preferring to walk into a clean bottle shop and select any style of bottle I want from a huge selection for a dim apiece rather than trudge through a dirty smelly landfill?

I'm total bonkers!

No you're not crazy, your consumption is just lacking:mug:. Drink yourself and rinse after you pour, no scrubbing involved

I'm total bonkers!

Exactly...I'm glad we agree :D

You can do what i do when i need them quick. Just stand at bottle redemptions and buy empties off people for 5cents just make sure you dont get twist offs.

Not in Michigan, the 10 cent state. Didn't you watch Seinfeld?

Not in Michigan, the 10 cent state. Didn't you watch Seinfeld?

"Would you look at yourself Newman.....your LOOSING it!!"

When I lived in MI I would just offer the bars the $0.10 if they saved them for me. I got a 12 pack for $1.20, and they were thrilled they saved a trip or had to wait for the people to pick them up.

Back