Where to buy CO2 in SW CT?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffNYC

Reaction score
I'm well underway for putting together my kegerator (thanks to kegconnection.com and a wine fridge that I'll be converting over the next few weeks).

Anyone have a good referall for Stamford, Norwalk area for CO2 refill (with my tank). I've made a few calls and it's like $26 for 5 lbs. Sound reasonable?

Any recommendation on 3" saw hole drill bit?

$26 for 5lb refill is double what I pay. However, I lease my tank through the same place, so it just gets swapped out for one that's full.

still seems pricey.

call fire extinguisher stores, welding supply shops, and places that sell keg'd beer. They are all likely to have CO2. Avoid paintball stores as their CO2 is always overpriced.

Just for anyone else looking in CT, I did some calling and found Drinx Unlimited in Norwalk. $17 for 5 lbs using your own tank.

Try a fire safety place, the type that services fire extinguishers. I'm not in CT, but the only place in Rochester, MN I found after much calling, that didn't want me to trade in my shiny new tank was a fire saftey place. $25 for a 10lb fill.

The Stuart White Co Fire Protection in Milford CT has a bulk CO2 recharging facility. They also hydro test CO2 cylinders. Most of the time they will refill your tank on the spot there is a wait if it is out of the 5 year hydro test date. Prices are very good.

Thanks, I had been looking for a place that did hydro testing as well as filling.

Anyone know of any places with reasonable prices? I went to Stuart White like the poster above said and it cost me $32 for a 7lb fill. From what I've seen from others, that is very expensive.

5# tank here is around 23 dollars so I got a 20# tank which was $3 more to fill.

Hi

My guess is that Norwalk is a better bet than Stamford for finding a cheap refill... :D (yes used to live out there..).

Remember that if you really want to do it right, you want food grade CO2. That may or may not be available from everybody / anybody. Is there a difference in food grade - maybe yes / maybe no. There can indeed be things in CO2 you would not want in your beer. The bulk CO2 in Norwalk used to have some weird white powder in it. Not what I'd want to drink ..

Bob

Not SW, but Hogan's Alley Paintball in Meriden refills your tank while you wait for 10 bucks. They have good hours too.

Nobby Beverages Inc
30 Hayden Ave Unit E
Plainville CT 06062
nobbybeverages.com
860-747-3888
5lb $9.00
15lb $14.00
20lb $19.00
drop-off your tank and have in back in a couple of days.....
Need a tank....leave a deposit and take one of ours home.....

Nobby Beverages Inc
30 Hayden Ave Unit E
Plainville CT 06062
nobbybeverages.com
860-747-3888
5lb $9.00
15lb $14.00
20lb $19.00
drop-off your tank and have in back in a couple of days.....
Need a tank....leave a deposit and take one of ours home.....

The Stuart White Co 543 Boston Post Rd Milford Ct now charging $15.00 for 5lb Co2 recharges. Recharging is done while you wait. Also provide hydro testing on cylinders, if needed. Monday - Friday 8-4:30

I know, thread back from the dead but some recent prices..

$20 5# swap at Hogans Paint Ball in Meriden CT ..
$35 5# "food grade" swap at AirGas in Middletown CT on Newfield St ..

Latest posts

Back