Where does this go?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smAllGrain

Reaction score
Messing with my Keg yesterday, cleaning, etc... and I found this afterwards.... Where does this go? :confused:

tailpiece.jpg

I have one of these on one of my kegs. On mine, it's actually a spacer that fits under the poppet on either the liquid or gas post on the keg.

No, that's not a keg post riser, that's the flare gasket for one of these

Beverage-Elements-Barb-Swivel.jpg

And if it isn't used, that style of connector will definitely not hold gas at all...

Cheers!

No, that's not a keg post riser, that's the flare gasket for one of these

Beverage-Elements-Barb-Swivel.jpg

And if it isn't used, that style of connector will definitely not hold gas at all...

Cheers!

That is great to know! So I need that washer anytime I use one of these fittings? Getting my 3 way distributor setup and want to make sure I have everything. Appreciate the help

It's definitely recommended to use these with a swivel nut (pictured above).

I have had success without them in a pinch, but I would always recommend them for long term...

It's definitely recommended to use these with a swivel nut (pictured above).

I have had success without them in a pinch, but I would always recommend them for long term...

Thanks again for the help everyone! no one wants an empty co2 tank lol

Always use one of those white plastic flare washers/gaskets for metal-to-metal flare surfaces.

You don't really need them for an MFL coupling to a quick disconnect, as the QD has a plastic surface where it meets the MFL. But it won't hurt there either, you just can't screw the nut all the way down, it stops short a bit, because of that gasket.

Yes, that would be more correct, and I should have stated as much.
I never use the nylon gaskets on my QDs which came equipped with integrated gaskets.

So, better put, a flare connector has to have a gasket of some kind, because otherwise it will definitely leak - because there's a huge hole in the middle of the swivel nut....

Cheers!

Back