Where do you guys buy brew supplies in Ontario?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just started brewing a few months ago. I have found that it is tough to get supplies for anything other than pre-malted kits. Right now I am dealing with brew time in hamilton(About a 1 hour drive from where I live in Kitchener). They are really nice there and they have a....decent selection there. They don't have a few things I need though such as amylase enzyme and a malt mill barley crusher. So my question is, where do you guys from south western ontario buy your stuff?

Hey everyone, I just started brewing a few months ago. I have found that it is tough to get supplies for anything other than pre-malted kits. Right now I am dealing with brew time in hamilton(About a 1 hour drive from where I live in Kitchener). They are really nice there and they have a....decent selection there. They don't have a few things I need though such as amylase enzyme and a malt mill barley crusher. So my question is, where do you guys from south western ontario buy your stuff?
I'd suggest:

http://www.homebrew-supplies.ca/

They are located in Brampton Ontario, and have done a great job of getting stuff out to me in Calgary...

I recommend you join the are an SOB group on facebook. It's a great group, they have group buys for grain about every 6 months. They had a cider group buy last month They have done group buys for hops, yeast, keg orings. If you are looking to buy anything that people use on a regular basis you can always arrange a buy and save some cash.

I ordered my barley crusher from ed at brewmasters warehouse

Homebrewers Retail Has been very good the the SOB's they still have a limited selection but are constantly adding to it

You should also check out Mashing Heads in london

John

Is it sad that that took me 12 minutes to type this?

Thanks for the replys. I tried to find the group on facebook, but no luck.... I typed in everything I could think of and nothing. Could someone let me know how to join the group?

Thanks a lot
Ryan

It's certainly tough, every place I called at first that advertised 'beer and wine supplies' told me what a wonderful selection of Cooper and Munton's kits they had.

+1 to http://www.homebrew-supplies.ca/
Randy is a good guy, and will help you out. He's got great inventory.

There's also Brewing Concepts in Fergus.

What about the Lion Beer and Wine factory, formerly Gold Crown breweries (next to the Heuther). I don't know if they're open any more? I used to buy from them when I was in Waterloo, but the last two times I stopped by, they were closed despite the hours on their sign...

It's certainly tough, every place I called at first that advertised 'beer and wine supplies' told me what a wonderful selection of Cooper and Munton's kits they had.

+1 to http://www.homebrew-supplies.ca/
Randy is a good guy, and will help you out. He's got great inventory.

There's also Brewing Concepts in Fergus.

What about the Lion Beer and Wine factory, formerly Gold Crown breweries (next to the Heuther). I don't know if they're open any more? I used to buy from them when I was in Waterloo, but the last two times I stopped by, they were closed despite the hours on their sign...

Haha, sounds exactly like what I got for almost every place I called. I was like what......I want to make my own beer, not mix beer and water and get more beer.

Hey Bigred I`m in Waterloo what do you need? I buy everything in bulk but I only brew all grain so can`t help you if your looking for extract.
[email protected]

Back