Where are all the LADIES at?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cynthebrewchic

Reaction score
I am a female beginner brewer. My husband is NOT that into it. The extent of his participation in brew day is lifting brew pot or mash tun whenever I cant do it myself. He does, however, PULL THE TAP when it comes time to try the beer. LOL. Just wondering where all the other women brewers are.

image-1014139316.jpg

This is what I pictured when I saw the thread title.

I am not a woman but there are several here. Yooper is an admin of this site and a great lady too.

Well you see, beer is a manly drink. Women are only allowed to drink sweet and fruity mixed drinks or sweet wine. If they drink beer, it's only light and unoffensive, possibly with the addition of fruit somewhere in the process.

Or at least that's what I'm told.

But on a serious note, some of the better homebrewers I know personally are women. I've always wondered if that somewhat stemmed from the above misguided stereotype. If a guy starts homebrewing, he can go run and tell his buddies that he's making beer in his garage and be a hero in his circle of friends while they swig down poorly crafted homebrew because beer is "manly" or something stupid like that. If a female gets into this hobby, it's more likely than not that she really enjoys beer, ergo will brew some pretty awesome beer. At least that's what my measly mind has come up with to explain this phenomenon.

Hate to break it to ya, but women just can't brew good beer.

5... 4.... 3....2...1...

That's true. I read that on the internet. If you read it on the internet, then it's true.

Actually, there are quite a few female brewers on this site. They just don't "look" like women from their avatars (except for me). We all love talking about beer and brewing, just as men do. I'm sure you'll find that you'll bump into female brewers, just as you do male brewers, and may not even know the difference.

That's true. I read that on the internet. If you read it on the internet, then it's true.

Actually, there are quite a few female brewers on this site. They just don't "look" like women from their avatars (except for me). We all love talking about beer and brewing, just as men do. I'm sure you'll find that you'll bump into female brewers, just as you do male brewers, and may not even know the difference.

Wait you're a lady?

Mind = Blown

There was a thread a while back about how hops increase estrogen levels, I selpt through most of bio class but I think it's safe to assume that brewers will all be women shortly.

There was a thread a while back about how hops increase estrogen levels, I selpt through most of bio class but I think it's safe to assume that brewers will all be women shortly.

That's going to be really awkward with the all brewers have beards truth.

My best friend, brewing partner, and future brewery business partner (comorbid here on HBT) is a woman and pretty damn good at brewing. Our dynamic works really well - she thinks up the ideas and I find out how to make it happen. Then during brewday she is excellent help and is refining her palate to be like mine.

They used to be on the "Beautiful Women Drinking Beer" thread.

Then some jerkoff posted nasty stuff. Apparently, nasty stuff has to be in the boneyard.

But the boneyard scares me, so I don't want permission to go there.

Mmmmmm. Grape jelly wine.

You're right (as usual) Yoop... If it is on the internet it is true!:mug:

Yooper said:

The are even a few female brewers who blog about it, with names like the Brew Chick.

My husband is the best assistant brewer ever. He cleans everything and does the heavy lifting (because of course we women are all delicate flowers...). Of course, he also does the eye rolling when I come up with some beer thing or other i absolutely must have. Wouldn't trade him for anything.

Hi there, I am new to home brewing and was wondering if it is ok to bottle my 'nut brown' ale in 500ml ceramic bottles with plastic corks that are pushed into the top with manual force?! The ceramic bottles are very heavy/thick walled and are Belgium La Trappe beer, saved over the past few years as the bottles are awesome. Thanks

I don't believe any of this. Unless I see pictures of the female brewers I put them in the category of unicorns.

PS I felt obligated to ask since it got to page 4 without any stalkers.

Hi there, I am new to home brewing and was wondering if it is ok to bottle my 'nut brown' ale in 500ml ceramic bottles with plastic corks that are pushed into the top with manual force?! The ceramic bottles are very heavy/thick walled and are Belgium La Trappe beer, saved over the past few years as the bottles are awesome. Thanks

I fear the carbonation will most likely push them out.

Why not just buy a corker and a bunch of corks and cages?
It's not that expensive. Why risk it?

Luckily or unluckily, I never really bought into the whole "no swearing in mixed company" thing. I wind up telling my fart jokes and mentioning attractive celebrities and T-shirt models pretty much wherever I go.

Vulgarity=freedom... and perhaps... male-feminism?

Mind=blown

Back