when is earliest I can bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy10_2

Reaction score
:)
Hi,
I may be moving soon, and my wine was only started on the 10 of October. When can I bottle, and what precautions do I take so the bottles don't explode after bottling? I see on other posts, that 0% you can bottle when wine is clear. Can I hurry the clarrifying with Sparkalloid if the hydrometer reads 0%? What stabilizer do I use? I have potassium metabisulphite.

I'm no expert, but it really seems too early to bottle, yet. For the physical move, I'd rack it to a plastic fermenter as moving a full glass carboy could be disasterous, assuming, of course, we're talking about a full 5g batch.

Well, it is still fermenting(bubbling) regularly (7-11 seconds). It is in a 5 Gallon plastic carboy(full). It will be on a 24 hour drive in cool weather, but it could go inside the vehicle if I have to(it sounds like for the sake of the wine I would be stupid not too). I have potassium sorbate, should I bottle with this, at the latest possible date, and hope for the best?(November 20, is the latest I think) . The potential alcohol is 1% right now.

Back