When did Cascade become $20

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
I havent ordered hops in a year or more. I could have sworn Cascade was the cheap hop for like $12 a pound and under $10 on sale

Looking online its $20 in many/almost all places.

Some are cheaper but the shipping brings it right back up to $20

Did it go up a lot...like double?

Just saw these online
upload_2019-3-9_10-7-3.png

looks like it's 2015 crop that's on sale

2015 is pushin it...where is that from? No link....and whats shipping?

If shipping brings it back to $20 you can get fresh hops for the same price

Yikes, $15 shipping for 1lb. No way actual shipping is that much. Neat trick--advertise a ridiculously low price, mark up shipping, profit. I also noticed the site wouldn't tell me shipping costs until after I populated the personal contact info page. Most vendors will display a shipping estimate with just your zip code, before they ask for all the other info. No thanks.

Yikes, $15 shipping for 1lb. No way actual shipping is that much. Neat trick--advertise a ridiculously low price, mark up shipping, profit. I also noticed the site wouldn't tell me shipping costs until after I populated the personal contact info page. Most vendors will display a shipping estimate with just your zip code, before they ask for all the other info. No thanks.
Ya if it wasnt for autofill I wouldnt have bothered with my info. It does make things easy to get shipping prices

They're a good seller and this is standard for direct-from-farm/distributor hop buying (see also: Yakima Valley Hops). They're not the best value for very small quantities, but if you buy 5+ lbs at a time it's very much worth it.

Hops, yeast, small quantities of grain - same story with all: if you're like me and have to ship, it pays to plan ahead or shipping kills.

I buy Hops direct. Shipping here to Ohio is about $12 for 5 lbs. Got to get the quantity up to get decent shipping. I think the first lb is about $10 shipping.

I also buy Yakima Valley, which is $8 shipping for anything up to 4 lbs. So 1 lb will be +$8, and also 4 lbs will be +$8.

Latest posts

Back