Wheat Beer from Brewhouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I just racked over my brewhouse Wheat Beer into the secondary fermentaterlizer, and it's lookin' good! I also bottled my cider, but it tasted like watery alcoholic apple juice . . . next time I make cider, it'll be from scratch.

Question!

I ended up being away for Christmas a week longer than I intended, and the wheat beer was in the bucket for about ten days all told. It seemed fine, but is there anything here I should know?

Question!

I ended up being away for Christmas a week longer than I intended, and the wheat beer was in the bucket for about ten days all told. It seemed fine, but is there anything here I should know?

It will taste better?

If I move to secondary at all, I give it 10 to 14 days in the primary.

Don't worry, it will be fine.

:mug:

Are you saying that your wheat brew was in primary for ten days? Uh oh, that's way too long. :D

Actually, I'm not convinced secondary is necessary for a wheat brew at all, but ten days is not even close to too long. Don't stress it.

I leave my wheat/weizen/dunkelweizens in the fermenter for 14 days. From there I go straight to bottles.

Why is it, may I ask, that a wheat beer should be left longer in the primary / never put in a secondary, while another beer should be put into a secondary before bottling?

Well. (in best Jamil voice) alot of people think you don't need a secondary at all (for most beers).

But particularly for Wheat beers because a secondary is really a "Bright Tank" were you are trying to get everything to drop out of the beer and make it clear and bright. In many wheat beers a haze is accaptable/preferred/required.

Rudeboy

Latest posts

Back