What's your thoughts on this brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sticks22

Reaction score
I brewed a Pilsen extract which is a reddish color. It's gravity started at 1.060. I added a half bag of sugar to bring up o.g. I added brewers gold hops for 1 hr. then fuggle at 15 min. before flame out. I used an ale yeast and after going into the secondary, I noticed it smelled really fruity! My thought is that I'm really gonna love this batch, but noticed that it didn't have a strong smell of alcohol. I never tasted it since it was only a few days when it went to the secondary. My reason for transferring it was that fermentation had slowed so I fiqured -wth! I've never brewed a Pilsen before, but i wanted to used the extract up and I robbed the hops from my American light kit that I had. Any thoughts?

Sounds like you've transferred off the yeast cake too early and that you've fermented too warm. It won't taste like a pilsner, but at least it'll have alcohol in it.

Back