What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the looks at it from all walks of life.... However have noticed a ton of cops and firefighters!....hehe!

If I had to do their job day to day, I'd want a drink (or 50) too.. Thanks all for your dedication. There are still people out there who appreciate what you do and what you have to put up with! :mug:

Technical Engineering Team Lead - Which is a very long title for a computer nerd that sits on the internet researching beer brewing and reading beer forums.

I make windows...so you bastards can see out of your comfy offices all day! Just remember if it wasn't for me..that hot blonde walking in front of that weird guy next to the kid with the cotton candy...behind the hotdog cart...yeah...you are very welcome!

When people ask what I do, I usually say "As little as possible for the most money." But really I farm with my dad and uncles, we have dairy cows, beef cattle, 2000 acres of corn, soybeans and hay.

But if I could, I would really love to just brew beer, work in my garden and lift weights. But I can't find a steady pay check for any of that stuff. As I've been told many times by aunts and uncles, I'm more like my maternal grandfather than either of my parents or my paternal grandparents. He was from what I've heard about him, a factory worker, gardner and all around slacker. We would have had so much fun together if he hadn't died when I was 1 year old.

I work for a small IT company that does IT work for other small businesses that can't afford/don't need full time IT. I am on the server/network side. Background is in Cisco networking. A far cry from my French/Japanese majors in school

Currently a bum (6 years federal exp before that, until I quit because I hated it) but I start with the Workplace Safety Insurance Bureau on May 25.

I install specialty flooring. Which is what started this hobby. We were installing a urethane mortar system for a small commercial brewery, and the owner said to me, "we were going to try installing this floor ourselves, but that would've been impossible. It's like if you guys tried to brew beer. ha ha ha ha".

And so now I brew beer. Don't tell me I can't do something.

Metabolic engineer. Basically I teach bacteria how to make stuff they ordinarily would not. PhD in microbiology.

Before that:
Ski Instructor
Poured concrete
Construction grunt
Worked in a lumber yard
Swim coach

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Retired police officer. I retired one year ago and haven't started looking for a job yet. Maybe someday for extra spending money.

Back