What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head Brewer at Basement Brewery in Wheeling, WV (which is soon to be renamed Wheeling Brewing Company as soon as our brewpub opens this summer)

If you're ever in Wheeling, WV be sure to stop down to Centre Market and share a pint with us!

We're self employed and have our fingers in a few different avenues. We own and operate 2 local magazines, and an entertainment company (DJ/Karaoke/Trivia/Beer Pong company), and a photo booth building/rental company, also we're both active ordained ministers. The wife makes the wine and "coupons" (which is a valid way to avoid spending), and the hubby is beginning the brewing.

Yep, we are busy people.

Regional Sales Manager for a pressure/temperature/level gauge manufacturer.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Head Brewer at Basement Brewery in Wheeling, WV (which is soon to be renamed Wheeling Brewing Company as soon as our brewpub opens this summer)

If you're ever in Wheeling, WV be sure to stop down to Centre Market and share a pint with us!

Of course, there's a brewery in Wheeling...now that I no longer live there. If you're in Centre Market I'll have to stop by next time I'm in the area and pick up a beer and a fish sandwich. SWMBO and I have both been jonesing for some Coleman's.

<edit>Oh, yeah...almost forgot. For the last 30 years or so I've been an IT Systems/Network/Geek-of-all-trades guy.

B.S. in Music Ed., M.S. in Ed.. Former Piano Tuner-Technician/Restoration/Sales for 21 years. Carpenter for last 16 years building houses, now light construction, lot of kitchen/bath remodels/installs.

Lazy Magnolia

Holy hell! I'm in Memphis right now, and I've been drinking the sweet Lazy Magnolia nectar all night! This stuff is amazing! I also tried Ghost River (?) earlier too... that is amazing as well!!!

There is some great beer in Tennessee/Mississippi!!! Thank the heavens I'm here for two more days!!! They don't have these in Chicago... at least as far as I've searched. A true blessing on a business trip!!!

Now I just have to figure out where the hell my hotel room is...

Give me some more local brews to try while I'm here please!!!

Dang! Which one(s) were you drinking? I like Memphis.

The Ghost River was a golden ale. Delicious!
The Lazy Magnolia... I don't know. The River was already flowing through my veins by that time. It was dark. The tapper had a little vampire on it. It was great too! Lol! I'll find out today, because I will inevitably be drinking it again!

Edit: Southern Pecan by Lazy Magnolia. Good stuff. That isn't a little vampire either. I don't know wtf that is thing is...

I agree Ghost River Golden Ale is solid, Memphis is known for it's good quality water. I also enjoy a lot of Lazy Magnolia beers the Jefferson Stout is my favorite.

Mississippi has some pretty good breweries. Lazy Magnolia, Yalobusha,Southern Prohibition, Luckytown, Crooked Letter.( In no certain order) Also have good beer coming out of Alabama. Plus Yazoo, I suggest you try some of their beers.

I test drinking water for Coliform by taste. It's a skill that very few posses.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back