What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now, I'm a graduate student and substitute teacher. I've got my bachelors in music education, and I'm doing a masters in curriculum and instruction. I want to teach high school band.

I'm a dealership automotive technician for Kia and a musician....punk rockabilly in southern Maine.

I am an instructor for Chrysler. I teach dealer technicians about our new model cars. Talking about. Are all day is one of the best jobs in the world.

Park ranger for a conservation district ( like a forest persevere w/ less amenities ).

Materials Science & Engineering grad student at Clemson. I work with optical fiber. Clemson is the only school in the country that has an MCVD lathe (for making fiber preforms) and a draw tower (to draw the preforms into fiber).
Whew, I thought I was the only home brewer in Oconee County. Yippee! BTW — I'm a retired curmudgeon who didn't take this up until I was 70. I don't make the best beer, but it beats most of the stuff at Ingles.:rockin:

I work in fast food. I would call myself a burger flipper, but we don't sell burgers. I used to work with animals, training, nutritional consolation, grooming and boarding type stuff. You would likely be not surprised to learn that the pet care industry took a pretty large hit when the economy tanked. So I take work where I can find it. Hopefully soon I will be back to teaching your dogs how to sit. :D

umm.. engineer, software, Microsoft Database Technologies and MS Business Intelligence, but I am looking to limit my business exposure in favor of pure Database scope, I hold a couple of business degrees as well.

I think I might be a rocket scientist, or maybe a construction worker, or both.

Firefighter, for the good ole US Forest Service. Mostly in management & RX burning, although I am on a Type I Incident Management Team. It keeps me gone away from home a lot.

Supply Chain Leader, Industrial Manufacturing - Valves ... Biology/Chemistry degree tied to my time in USMC kind of makes me a Marine Biologist ... Just wish I was brewing when I was in school, it would have made so much more sense!

Right now I'm an auto mechanic but I'm trying to get a job where I taste test coffee all morning and beer all afternoon. If you know of anybody hiring right now let me know, I'm willing to relocate.

Facilities Engineer, Mass Maritime class of 2003. I work for a boiler inspection company, basically do condition assessments/consulting for the pulp and paper industry...cheers:mug:

geezerpk said:
Whew, I thought I was the only home brewer in Oconee County. Yippee! BTW — I'm a retired curmudgeon who didn't take this up until I was 70. I don't make the best beer, but it beats most of the stuff at Ingles.:rockin:

Doesn't anything homemade beat store bought?

System engineer on a web infrastructure operations team. Web/application servers, integration, etc... it's really quite fun..honest!!

I'm a technical consultant, or as my clients commonly refer to me... pet geek. I greatly prefer coding and software/technology integration but I spend way more time doing administrative/management stuff. Pretty much if it has power it ends up being taken care of by me, lol. I guess that is the one down side of being self employed and being the entire IT department for a nationwide company that is heavily technology driven. I do like a challenge though and they are never boring so it is all good. :D

Back