What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever go back and try to reverse engineer it? Lol. What platform/language do you code?

VB and SQL. More of a cowboy coder. Boss asks me to fix the fired contractors work and I do it. It's like a giant pile of Legos. One day I'll get into the web sphere. Starting to teach myself jscript.

Long way from Forestry School.

Technical theatre professional, currently negotiating a PM gig to go along with my TD gig. Hard to schedule brews around the erratic schedule, so I'm admittedly imprecise about certain aspects of brewing, but I've enjoyed some real success at the high abv range recently, so there's that.

VB and SQL. More of a cowboy coder. Boss asks me to fix the fired contractors work and I do it. It's like a giant pile of Legos. One day I'll get into the web sphere. Starting to teach myself jscript.

Long way from Forestry School.

Yeah I'm self taught VB and SQL. Aka google copy and paste, debug until it passes without errors lol.

Yeah I'm self taught VB and SQL. Aka google copy and paste, debug until it passes without errors lol.

I do a little bit of VB at work, mainly because the firm is too cheap to hire a full time IT guy.

I started with Cut & Paste from Google, then fixing it. It's actually pretty impressive what you can learn by doing that.

I do a little bit of VB at work, mainly because the firm is too cheap to hire a full time IT guy.

I started with Cut & Paste from Google, then fixing it. It's actually pretty impressive what you can learn by doing that.

Best way to learn. Kinda like working on cars. Or brewing.... ;)

Business Analyst. Mainly data analytics and automation building using VBA. Although 50% of the day I am day dreaming about something brew related.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I normally write, compile and edit extremely long, overly detailed and insanely mind-numbing environmental effects reports for the US Forest Service. But, I am currently detailed into a wildlife biologist position, which means I write extremely long, overly detailed and mind-numbingly boring biological effects reports. And every once in awhile I actually get to go out in the woods and look for animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Planetary Geophysicist.... Check my sig for the book I co-authored... Great Christmas gift for the space nerds in your family :)

I'm also into cooking, wood working, etc. The DIY aspect of brewing drew me in, the tasty beer keeps me comin' back :D

I'm a youth coach working with youngsters who have dropped out of school. Doesn't help with the hobby at all

Planetary Geophysicist.... Check my sig for the book I co-authored... Great Christmas gift for the space nerds in your family :)

I'm also into cooking, wood working, etc. The DIY aspect of brewing drew me in, the tasty beer keeps me comin' back :D
That has to be the coolest profession on here. I'll definitely check out your book.

I'm a hedge fund manager with a graduate degree in economics.

Profession? Oh yeah, I used to have one of those.

I do still get paid to go sailing though...not a bad gig. Next week: Belize.

I design computer programs in my head and type them out into my keyboard and the letters compile into programs that do things.

Latest posts

Back